IGNORED

Doing laps *incar videos*

260DET

This incar is of a one lap PB around the improved Lakeside circuit in AU, hosted a couple of international F1 GP's back in the late sixties plus V8 supercar races after then. Now it hosts races, time attack etc up to State level, pretty testing circuit but a real blast if you can keep it on the tarmac :) Anyway here is the vid, perhaps others would like to post their one lap PB's, Z is a 280ZXT with a VG30DET engine and Federal FZ201 semi slicks

• Like 1

Love the long fast American tracks, the only ones comparable in AU would be Mt Panaroma (Bathurst) and Phillip Island although I can do over 200kph at Lakeside and through The Kink too which adds to the, errrr, excitement :) I find that the alternative coloured kerbs can be handy as markers eg corner apex, otherwise the problem is that there is always someone who will cut a corner and throw up rubbish onto the track.

• Like 1

If you want to go fast, go to Daytona or Indianapolis. If you want a curvy track, learn to DRIVE, instead of expecting the track owner to make up for your lack of skill. Otherwise, you can go to the drag strip; it's wide, and there are no curves, so there is no curbing.

If you insist on having curbing, we'll be happy to provide some square curbs for you to drive over. :D

Edited by TomoHawk

Square curbing doesn't sound like much fun and I'm not much of a drag strip guy. Maybe one day I'll be a good enough driver to only use the black bits and still turn in quick, consistent lap times. Still lots to learn about competitive driving. That's the fun part. :)