IGNORED

Oh so THAT's why the rear end is so loose...

Well I finally figured out why the rear end on this thing is loose as a goose.

It wasn't the rear sway bar links or bushings, (which I replaced), the rear struts (replaced), or even the rear control arm bushings (which I hadn't gotten to yet)

The rear crossmember itself is loose, because rust has eaten away much of where the supporting bracket bolts to the body, behind the seats. There's 1/4" of air visible in what should be Gudentite.

Aw jeez, what do I do now? Sell it? Pull the entire rear end down and attempt to weld in some plates?

It was one of those moments when you spot something you just hadn't noticed before, plainly visible if you had only looked in the right place, and your heart sinks

Its the body mounting points that are shot, not the suspension components that attach to them. All the shiny stuff in the world will not solve the issue.

Is this issue with the front diff mount crossmember bolts or the rear hanger plates that come down and support the rear end of the control arms?

Either way, you have no choice but to drop everything and evaluate just how bad the rust and damage is. It very likely will require removal and replacement of the frame metal and attachment points. No simple job to get it all back in the right place and strong. Consider this carefully.

Impressive speed, impressive lack of regard for other people's life and limb. The opposing lanes were full of cars. I wish that we could sue people just for the stupidity that they record on these internet videos.