IGNORED

Z Prototype on display in Los Angeles.

psdenno

A search didn't turn up any mention of a Z prototype that I recently saw, so I thought I'd post a picture. The Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo, near the Los Angeles International airport has a full sized styling prototype of the 350Z on display. I was surprised at how it appeared to resemble the original Z a bit more than the final production model 350Z. Smoother lines, recessed headlights, rounded shape. It was made in 1999.

Here's a link to the photo:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/album.php?albumid=496

Here's a link to the Museum:

http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/

It's an interesting museum that gives rides in its cars on Sundays. I got a lengthy ride in a 1926 Pontiac that had only 15,000 original miles. The Z is behind glass. Excuse the cell phone camera picture quality.

Dennis

The next time in the area, I'll take a better camera and get a clearer shot. You can see the rear of the car reflected in the mirror behind it. The museum will soon be opening two additional display buildings - one with cars from Hot Rod Magazine and the other with Hot Wheels and the cars that inspired the models. The Petersen Museum in LA has some of their cars on display loan there, too. A nice Tucker was one of them.

The museum hosts club meetings and events, gives free rides in their cars, and only charges $5 admission. An interesting hidden pleasure.

Dennis