IGNORED

My Z project

Darkwolf

Here she is:

post-24924-14150816101347_thumb.jpg

I said I would get one soon and I picked this 72 up for 1000$ yesturday, 100% my own cash payed for it and Im really excited to finally have one.

It has an L28 motor swap already and to me its perfect, i couldnt have asked for a better project.

I got the hood latch to work so it now latches closed and it also holds itself up now which those bars are a pain to put in.

Done:

Hood opener

Cleaned out the interior

To-do:

Put gas in it and a battery to see if itll start

Oil/fluid change

Find origional key blank and keychain

I plan on doing all the cosmetics last such as paint and rims just incase I drop something on my fenders.

Edited by Darkwolf

Well again i cant edit my posts, New update.

I got it running, it took her a couple minutes to warm up after i put some gas into the tank and just a tiny bit into the carbs. She sounds really well but i need to get the carbs re-synchronized and re-built. I took her for a short test drive in the complex I have her in and well the brakes work really well, im not use to having no play in the pedal. the clutch feels brand new.

Ill update the to-do and done list once i can edit my posts again

P.S. She purrs beautifully even in this revived state

Edited by Darkwolf

Thanks travel'n. The motor itself just needs to be gone through, My headlights dont work but all of the other lights do so im going to investigate the fuse box and then if thats not the case im going to investigate wiring. though it might just be burnt out bulbs

She looks great man! That is one hell of a nice find, and glad to hear she's up and running, Z's are such champions! I gotta ask did you get a story about the wheels? Not that having different front and back isn't a fresh twist, I've just never seen that ha

She looks great man! That is one hell of a nice find, and glad to hear she's up and running, Z's are such champions! I gotta ask did you get a story about the wheels? Not that having different front and back isn't a fresh twist, I've just never seen that ha

No i did not sadly, Thank you. I plan on getting different ones anyway

• 6 months later...

Its been awhile since i last updated this. Not for lack of wanting too but because life gets in the way and there's a long story that goes with it.

Ill be adding pictures of it tomorrow along with some "great" bodywork that was done to it at some point.

Update: The car was moved from the original picture to the garage at the house which means my work area and my tools available have gotten a lot smaller. Tomorrow afternoon along with the pics I am going to remove the transmission and the drive shafts so i can have a rolling shell.

Been taking autobody classes at the college and I am getting some major body work done to the car now.

Ill update again when the new pics are ready to put up

The car before removal of most of everything:

post-24924-14150818147435_thumb.jpg

The car after removal of mostly everything:

post-24924-14150818148036_thumb.jpg

post-24924-14150818148741_thumb.jpg

Donor Car:

post-24924-14150818145829_thumb.jpg

Working in the car:

post-24924-14150818146198_thumb.jpg

Sanding the hood:

post-24924-14150818145445_thumb.jpg

Oxy and Acetylene burning the bondo off:

post-24924-1415081814498_thumb.jpg

at least 3/8s of an inch of bondo on that fender for no reason at all:

post-24924-14150818146585_thumb.jpg

This was the amount of bondo on the fender that was taken off before having to burn it off:

post-24924-14150818147036_thumb.jpg

Thats the progress so far that i have documented. The car is finally getting worked on!