IGNORED

Pricing 240z Rally Clock w/ Fully Functioning Oscillator?

dhp123166

OK.

Since I have gone through all 9 yards on rally clocks, this info might be helpful.

The rally clock is worth around $150-350 by itself with "knob" The knobs are somewhat like 280ZX with analog clock, but different. (If you put a smallest washer and mechine screw from jewelry store, it can be used) The lenses are often cracked and it can be rusty inside even though the dial looks Ok. The most important thing is the working oscillator. I fould out that tt can be repaired at one or 2 places in Japan. (It conists of many resister and it can be repaired if you are lucky for $250-600. You also have to send it in with the clock. (The clock itself has only a motor and gears, but no timing components.)

Now before anything else, please know the following fact about the clock.

It looks good and everthing, but it also makes a awful laud noise. (I have a NOS rally clock on mine, and still makes a big motor noise) And it also consumes battery energy while it is parked. So I have my car's battery disconnected while it is parked. (If it is parked for a week to 10 days, it could kill your battery)

If you wish to have them repaired, I will be more than happy to get it fixed in Japan.

By the way, the callender clock is a good alternative for those of you who want "Rally clock look" on your car. It is traded at farely reasonable price in Japan and they have less issues. Please note that there are 2 versions (early one and late one) buy either one can be fitted as long as you change the connector at the back.

See my clock here

http://shop.jdm-car-parts.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=l9ghqspombss0d2ju7ulg241t3&keyword=clock

Edited by esprist
  • Like 1

Thank you Esprist, your website was one of the top Google searches so I read your info and thanks for the additional info.

I was wondering about the excess clock motor noise but was expecting the power drain as I had been previously warned about it.

I have a complete clock and oscillator and when they are done being tested and cleaned they are going on eBAY.

Edited by dhp123166

Daniel,

Check with Ron Bradley at Zclocks.com.

He can rebuild them. It's no cheap but he work is outstanding.

Dave Ruiz

I know Ron, we do business together and I agree his work is topnotch. Thus far my clock and oscillator are working since 5:30 PM yesterday. I am not worried about selling it, it is so rare it will sell in pretty much any state unless it is an abject lump of caca (which it most definitely is not).

If the clock ends up not working it makes no sense to have Ron refurbish it and then for me to sell it because like most service people his warranties do not transfer and on a high priced fragile and rare item such as a Z Rally Clock I am assuming a prospective customer would benefit from a warranty in which case it would be more sensible for them to pay for the refurbishing service themselves. And in which case I would most definitely point them in Ron's direction.

Cleaning and polishing I do myself.

Thanks Dave! Happy 4th of July!,

Best Regards,

Daniel P.

In post number 2 above, Mitchell expressed a desire to purchase the clock directly. Perhaps you should send him a PM before putting the clock on eBay.

Members helping members.

I pretty much only sell on eBAY now, and with that particular member, I have had issues, involving another for sale item and as they have been rectified, I will not go into them here. Needless to say if he wants it he can bid on it like everyone else. That is fair and equitable.

This clock is going on eBAY shortly in an auction and I am pretty sure the starting auction price will not be the price it sells for.

I will probably never see one of these clocks in this condition again in my lifetime

I pretty much only sell on eBAY now, and with that particular member, I have had issues, involving another for sale item and as they have been rectified, I will not go into them here.
Then why bring it up?