IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

• 4 weeks later...

Minor maintenance time. The car slowly developed a bit of rear clunk again. After the transmission rebuild and R-T mount install, it was pretty much clunk-free, so I decided to check it out. Traced it to the outer u-joint in the left half-shaft. Replaced it with one of my spare half-shafts, and it is once again very tight.

Got to re-seal the diff one of these days, though...

I replaced the boot on the firewall for the throttle today. I also detached the speedometer cable from the speedometer to replace it. I noticed a wire going through the grommet for the speedometer cable, so I traced it. One end went to the positive side of the coil. I followed it under the drivers seat and up the back and under the carpet on the rear deck. It continued over to the passenger side taillight where it was poorly jury-rigged to the fuel pump. The wire was nice and brittle for the full length and poorly spliced in a couple of places.

After I replace the speedometer cable, I'm going to look at the fuel pump relays to make sure they work.

Wished it wasn't over 2,000 miles away and that It hadn't been 4 1/2 years since I've seen it. jlp

I want to drive it again! I haven't driven it for 35 years!

I've probably seen your car more than you have these last two years. It looks great :-) . If I can remember, I will take pictures of it next time I stop by Les's place.

Rich

Added some nice eye candy to the Fairlady's engine bay today with this new Kameari heat shield I purchased from ZCCJDM. I replaced an older ugly-looking piece. :classic:

IMG_8258.JPG

IMG_8285.JPG

IMG_8279.JPG

I thought it turned out very nice :love:

Edited by spitz17

Still finding PO things to fix (8 months after purchase). The heater control cables went to the wrong items. 73 Z w/ after market a/c. The a/c covers up the fresh air door, so I can't loosen that cable. Got the other 3 loose and had enough slack to pull the control unit out far enough to un-do the door control from the other end. Now when I ask for fresh air, I get fresh air. When I ask for defrost, I get defrost. Life is more good.

Now for some beautiful day holiday driving.

Well after 6 yrs of collecting parts and working on my 73, I started it up for the first time today ( I have never heard this car run ). I've done a 2..8 N42 with flat tops, an E-88 head with a C-grind, Mallory dual point distributor with Pertronix II and matching coil, MSA header, and 3 Dell's on a Cannon manifold. I also did the fresh stuff like HV oil pump, water pump, timing kit, ect. After priming the fuel, it fired on the first hit. It stumbles a bit off idle, must be lean but it sure sounds great. Now on to the master cyl to finish off the brakes so I can run it around the block. Maybe I'll do a YouTube later today.

post-11460-14150815071393_thumb.jpg

post-11460-14150815072191_thumb.jpg

post-11460-14150815072658_thumb.jpg

post-11460-14150815073203_thumb.jpg

post-11460-14150815073664_thumb.jpg

Edited by 240ZGL