IGNORED

question about panel in front of a-pillar/under the fender

mysteremech

I am waiting on my pictures to be approved by the admin so I can't post a pic with this question. Does anyone have a 280z with the front fender removed that would be willing to take a few measurements for me? I am fabbing a patch panel for the area where the cowl drain exits and the two L brackets for attaching the plastic inner fender are welded on. I need to know some measurements for where to drill the hole for the drain tube and where to attach the L brackets. I measured before I cut the old one off but it turned out that my rocker panel was installed too low when it was previously replaced. This throws off my measurements. Is there anyone out there that might be willing to help out. Hopefully my pics get approved soon and I can post a pic to clear up any questions. Thanks!!!

post-17282-14150813135637_thumb.jpg

Edited by mysteremech
added picture of area in question

Yea, I understand about the cold. My garage is insulated and is pretty comfortable after running a kerosene heater for about an hour. I hate winter!!! When you do get a chance, would you be willing to take some measurements? Like starting with the lower L-bracket, I know how far mine should be from the a-pillar, what I need to know is how far it is from the top of the rocker panel to the bottom of the L-bracket. Once I get that measurement, I might have enough of the old panel left to be able to locate the drain hole. I might need a measurement on it just to be sure. The upper L-bracket was gone from my panel so I will eventually need the measurements for that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That picture was one I found on the forum...I usually download them for future reference...as you never really know what you will find as you dig into the body on these cars...will be doing the floors for sure...:tapemouth...up around the battery tray area as well...:tapemouth...:tapemouth...will be warming up some today...so will get out to the garage here shortly...

webdawg1

I understand about using the photos for reference. I had several places that I have or will have to repair. I will post some pictures later today of the repair I did under the passenger dog leg. I will be checking the forum throughout the day to see if you got a chance to do any measuring. I really do appreciate the help. Once I get this piece finished I can move on to the passenger side floor pan/toe kick/firewall.