IGNORED

Watanabe wheels next?

here's some photos of my k, which is coming along slowly, still got to do a full respray (thinking r32 gtr white) but not sure what wheels to use... I got these aluminium wheels for when I added the flares, they have quite a large negative offset, but I am thinking that some watanabes would be a little sweeter.

also needs a tidy up in the engine bay, and most of the gtr bits - mirrors, grille, badges etc. It's not a cheap excercise gathering the bits, is it? On yahoo at the moment, someone is selling a grille for over 1700 dollars. I find it amazing that these parts are starting to be worth this much!

post-18472-14150810918305_thumb.jpg

post-18472-14150810918872_thumb.jpg

post-18472-14150810919409_thumb.jpg

post-18472-14150810919953_thumb.jpg

post-18472-14150810920235_thumb.jpg

post-18472-14150810920432_thumb.jpg

thanx dan_j,

more pix would be good, you can never have too many :)

the bad thing about watanabes is the price, I am quite keen to get some of the other things that I mentioned before they all become astronomically expensive, but wheels will have to be purchased soon.

is one of those k's yours?

thanx dan_j,

more pix would be good, you can never have too many :)

the bad thing about watanabes is the price, I am quite keen to get some of the other things that I mentioned before they all become astronomically expensive, but wheels will have to be purchased soon.

is one of those k's yours?

I'm looking into wheels myself now, my problem is what width and offset I will need, to fill the flares, once I get them.

Nigel

Noddle: here is some information given to me by 440k :

According to the Watanabe sales stuff, the following wheel offsets fit the C110GTR:

Designed with:

Front: 14-8.0 -6

Rear: 14-8.0 -13

Watanabe suggest the following wheels:

Front: 15-8.0 +/-0, or 16-8.0+/-0 F8

Rear: 15-8.5 -6, or 16-8.5 -6

here's my 16" wat's, although bad photo's of them on the car :(

http://www.project240k.com/2006/07/rs-watanabes-arrive

have you got any pictures showing how they look from behind,

personelly I hate wheel that "sit out" to fill the gaurd, but dont go in to fill the wheel well, if you know what I mean, that's what's on my car atm.

also have u got a picture showing the relation ship of the top of the wheel against the "over fender" (flare, I love that word),

Nigel