IGNORED

R-T diff mount Group Buy

Zs-ondabrain

OK, I'll call my metal guy tomorrow and see what the time frame would look like. Damn, all I was looking for was interest. Now I might have to actually go thru with it. why do I do this to myself? why :stupid: why :stupid: why? :stupid:

ya'll know I love you guys ;)

Dave

OK, I'll call my metal guy tomorrow and see what the time frame would look like. Damn, all I was looking for was interest. Now I might have to actually go thru with it. why do I do this to myself? why :stupid: why :stupid: why? :stupid:

ya'll know I love you guys ;)

Dave

I'm LMAO here! I think I said this same stuff after I started getting in deep in the Bolder Tint deal. Which is finally moving along nicely, BTW, but way more headache than I thought it'd be.

I might be interested in one too, Dave. You know my car and how I do my mods, how reversible is the RT mount? Could I go back to stock later without traces?

Dave, am assuming this will work on a 70 Z with an 83 R200 diff and 5 speed tranny? I ask because the original holding strap does not work as everything is shifted forwards with the newer drivetrain. Am using a makeshift L-bracket to hold the diff/tranny down in its place, crude but effective for now. Your thoughts?

Dave, am assuming this will work on a 70 Z with an 83 R200 diff and 5 speed tranny? I ask because the original holding strap does not work as everything is shifted forwards with the newer drivetrain. Am using a makeshift L-bracket to hold the diff/tranny down in its place, crude but effective for now. Your thoughts?
Good question! My diff is still in the stock '71 (more forward) location. So I'm thinking the RT mount would still fit fine as long as I don't move the diff rearward. Sound right?

I want one now also. I'm not sure how long the other guy on HybridZ is going to take, but I didn't get a response from him in the thread.

I need a mount for my 1977 280z, and hope it's all plug and play, because I don't want to have to cut/re-weld, or drill new holes or something.

Good question! My diff is still in the stock '71 (more forward) location. So I'm thinking the RT mount would still fit fine as long as I don't move the diff rearward. Sound right?

It has 3 holes in it so it fits regardless of what position the diff is in. At least the one I got from roostmonkey fits in my 70...

The Mount is typically used more by guys with the R200, LSD or quaife LSD. So I know it works well for them. I also know that I have a stock R180 in my 260Z and the mount works great there as well. I just read 15 or more pages at HybridZ and it looks like NO ONE has had issues with all the different diff combinations.. R180's R200's SX and Infinity diffs.

I've also found that the flexibility (front and back movement) of the Mustache bar, allows for the fine adjustment of different types of diffs and mounts. Roostmonkey has it in his 70 ZXT and I've also read of it in all other years of S30's. Minor mods may be needed (like me having to remove the exhaust hanger bracket and moving the fuel lines up) but as said, they are minor mods and nothing seems to be permant or unreversable.

I know from doing mine that I could easily remove it and bolt the strap back in, if need be. My suggestion, when installing the mount, is to loosely instal the poly mount to the diff (just turn the nuts on) and then the top bolt that goes thru the rt mount can be screwed to the mount at a slight angle because of the width of the hole in the top of the RT. Basically, loosely mount everything and it'll bolt right up, then tighten it all down from there. I did it and it worked well for me.

and on the plus side, If someone orders it from me, and they find it won't work with their particular application, 1) it will still ne a "New" product and easily resold to the next guy or 2) return it to me for a full refund and I'll just resell it to the next person who want one. Pretty easy solution. OR 3) sell it to someone else and help them instal it for a small fee, see there, now ya made money and a new friend... LOL

Dave.

So by my count,

I want........... (1)

ConchZ.......... (1)

vercingetorix... (1)

Motorman7..... (1)

Diseazd.......... (3)

SteveE.......... (1)

Zedyone_kenobi (1)

Z_Tyler_Z.......(1)

260ZCaliCar.....(1)

MEZZZ...........(1)

ARNE.............(1)

Duffman.........(1) ??? Maybe

RT Hunter.......(1)

That's 15 as of 8pm on Monday. I'll keep updating and call the metal guy tomorrow (tuesday) and try and get an aproximate finish time on the first 30? or so. This is weird yet exciting all at the same time.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

You should PM those guys in the other thread at Hybridz.org that doesn't know already about this one. I saw some post of there that are interested.

Ya, I lot of them are the same one that have already posted here, wanting one. That's one of the reasons I figured I'd see what the demand was here at ZCZZ. Truthfully, I'd like to see how far we get here before spreading too much word over there. If the orders pile up here, there should be a few straglers over there to take up the slack.

I think I'd want to do mine with the stock lower mount and a top snubber, if for no other reason than it would be less noticeable that way. I'm kinda funny that way...

It's a great idea, kinda snug but definately would look stock to the untrained eye.

Actually, you'll hear of a lot of guys doing it that way.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain