IGNORED

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

e-tek

I've decided on a Dual-purpose resto for this one. I want to get back into slalom, but still drive it on the street. I'll beef it up a bit, use poly bushings, shock inserts, etc. Still on the fence whether to paint it Merceded Sliver/Blue or in BRE tribute colors!

Sounds great. The Merceded Silver/Blue sounds really nice....

No not too much racing going on the past year or so here. Still working off the debt. The car still in great shape, and I keep it licensed throughout the summers. If you make it down to Regina you can take it out for a spin, and tell me about what all went into the car. I'm curious about the spring-rates up front.

D'OH!! I was just down a couple weekends ago for a wedding and would have loved it. I recall Tokiko Shocks with Eibach Springs, larger Front and Rear sway bars, poly bushings, the 5 speed, a lower geared rear end (from a 510 think?)... the exact spring rate....hmmmm...:ermm:

Thanks again for the pics - still looks great!

• 2 weeks later...

E-tek: I have the Tabco quarters and inner fenders as well as a set of floor pans and rails. I was going to redo a 73 that I had but it was too far gone, found a 70 in much better shape and now do not need the parts. PM me if you are interested.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
E-tek: I have the Tabco quarters and inner fenders as well as a set of floor pans and rails. I was going to redo a 73 that I had but it was too far gone, found a 70 in much better shape and now do not need the parts. PM me if you are interested.

Dan

PM sent

• 4 weeks later...

Just came across your thread very nice garage, how big? Don't ya just hate rust, everytime I see a set of pans missing it just makes me cringe. Then again I just came in from hammering off the Rt rear drum, slipped and sent the hammer through the fwd lwr wheel well . . . damn! Great job so far, keep us posted.

• 2 months later...
Just came across your thread very nice garage, how big? Don't ya just hate rust, everytime I see a set of pans missing it just makes me cringe. Then again I just came in from hammering off the Rt rear drum, slipped and sent the hammer through the fwd lwr wheel well . . . damn! Great job so far, keep us posted.

Sorry, didn't see your thread - plus I've been working on another resto for a while!! The shop is 25x40, about 1000sq ft....about half - no wait - 1/5th the size I need!

Quick update - I purchased the floor pans, quarters and rails from 240dkw. he was nice enough to stop in Saskatoon on his way through, so we met and made the deal. With the car up on the new rotisserie I built, I'm ready to really dig in!!

I've been hrearing a lot about - and sampling some - of Eastwood Company's resto products and tools. I'll likely use a lot of their stuff on this build, so stay tuned and I'll let you know how it goes!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys - CHECK OUT the lastest issue (March 2011) of CarCraft Magazine. My shop is featured in "This Guys Garage" and they captioned my 240Z build. It's front and center in the 2-page photo!:classic:

Not online on CarCraft.com yet (so you'll buy the mag!), but it will be. I'll post a link then too.

Ed, So after reading up on "Chili's" page, I noticed a lot of "Did" "Was" and other Past tence words that give the indication that she is no longer with us.... Is this true or is she just No longer racing or working on cars? I don't mean to pry but just a little confused.

Congrats on the Feature in CC. That is awesome. Kinda immortalizes the shop and the Z for future readers. And you'll get the Z out to car guys that normally wouldn't take a second look at a Japanese Car. But since it'll be in their Muscle Car Magazine, they won't have a choice..... Mua ha ha ha :pirate:

Dave

• 1 year later...
Ed, So after reading up on "Chili's" page, I noticed a lot of "Did" "Was" and other Past tence words that give the indication that she is no longer with us.... Is this true or is she just No longer racing or working on cars? I don't mean to pry but just a little confused.

No no!!! Chili is still VERY MUCH with "us" - well me that is!! She just isn't racing (on the track)....she is however, driving the **** out of her Mini Cooper S on the street everyday!!

Congrats on the Feature in CC. That is awesome. Kinda immortalizes the shop and the Z for future readers. And you'll get the Z out to car guys that normally wouldn't take a second look at a Japanese Car. But since it'll be in their Muscle Car Magazine, they won't have a choice..... Mua ha ha ha :pirate:

Dave

Good point!! However, I've seen a few times where CarCraft or HotRod will show a Z-car.....just that it more than likely it has a 302 or SBC in it...

Ok, haven't been here for a while and my 240 is still hanging on the rotisserie I built for it for it near 3 years ago!! In the meantime I've built a show-winning 56 Chev Step-side and just finished the metal work on a 67 Cougar. While I await my next paying project, I aim to get the floors done....

106_2204.JPG

106_2206.JPG

Lots of little spots to fix before I can even think of attaching the floor pan:

106_2209.JPG

106_2211.JPG

But once those spots are repaired - the pan looks like it will fit nicely :)

106_2214.JPG

More to come!

post-18557-14150820256506_thumb.jpg