IGNORED

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

e-tek

I looked at the "medium" brand floors (one site sells basic, medium and premium floors) and they aren't much more than sheet metal with a few slight bends in them - so I'll be making my own - stay tuned!

• 6 months later...

After finishing up many other projects - (many!) - I am about to get back to my 240. First thing I'll be doing is making a rotisserie so I can make the underside repairs as purty as the topside!

Although I'm going for a stock/classic bodywork, I want to upgrade the suspension and drivetrain as I go in order to slalom the car. I've done a few of these - they where done in the 80's - so I'm not 100% sure I know what the "hot" parts are today - I'm hoping you guys will help me out here.

I'll be installing urethane bushings throughout (is there a preferred brand?), koni (or equivalent) struts and shocks, Larger front and rear swaybars, etc.

As well, I may weld up the rear end to give me posi....anyone else ever done that?

In addition to strut brace bars, is there any gussetting that can be done to strengthen the 240 subframe /unibody.

Looking forward to getting at this one!!

• 2 months later...

Built a rotisserie - and the 240 is it's maiden lift! I was going to go with the wooden tip-over jig discussed earlier - but my brain works overtime, as do my hands....so I found some plans and probably spent 200 X the time and the money to build this one...

IMG_2283.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2414.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

And WALA!!! About 60 hours later....

IMG_2514.JPG

And now I can continue on the floors and inners. which you can see cut out here.

IMG_2517.JPG

Nice! The trans mount or some other method of maintaining the tunnel width is a good idea to keep in place until the floors are welded in. How is the weight balance while turning the car? It looks to be a little on the roof heavy side.

Hey! I own the wife's old car. (In "My Z Photos") We've spoke in email in the past. Good to see you here!

Hey there!!! Ithink about the old ride often! Hope you're treating it well and she's doing the same!! Would love some race photo updates - do you have any threads?

Can I have your rotisserie when you're done? ;)

Looking good so far. Are you restoring/rebuilding for racing or is this one going to be a fun family driver? Good luck with the resto....

I've decided on a Dual-purpose resto for this one. I want to get back into slalom, but still drive it on the street. I'll beef it up a bit, use poly bushings, shock inserts, etc. Still on the fence whether to paint it Merceded Sliver/Blue or in BRE tribute colors!

Hey there!!! Ithink about the old ride often! Hope you're treating it well and she's doing the same!! Would love some race photo updates - do you have any threads?

No not too much racing going on the past year or so here. Still working off the debt. The car still in great shape, and I keep it licensed throughout the summers. If you make it down to Regina you can take it out for a spin, and tell me about what all went into the car. I'm curious about the spring-rates up front.