IGNORED

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

e-tek

good luck ! I think once you got the transmission and engine dropped in, things will go pretty quick :)

I hope so Bart - just gotta get it painted first! I ordered $1800 worth of parts from Black Dragon yesterday and I already have the paint - supplied by Dupli-color - so it's just hours hours in the shop, which I love.

• 2 weeks later...

Tearing down the rest of the engine and cleaning it up to get it painted and detailed....

106_4255.JPG

106_4256.JPG

Lots of crap removed....

106_4257.JPG

Also got a few more cans of Dupli-color's Undercoating to do the inner floor boards and put an extra coat under the car.

106_4260.JPG

106_4261.JPG

Lucky it'll all be hidden - because I wasn't impressed with the globs of product that continued to build up on the can and fall onto the area sprayed....

106_4262.JPG

I have had that problem with globs dripping of the can and making a mess of the floor. The spray can works a lot better if its warm. I warmed it up in a bucket of hot water to about 40degC and it worked a lot better.

Your project is coming along nicely.

Chas

A little more cleaning....

106_4270.JPG

And it's Painting day!!

106_4269.JPG

First I used Dupli-Color'sSelf Etching Primer - too aid adhesion, especially on the bare metal spots....

106_4272.JPG

106_4271.JPG

Followed up with 4 coats of their Engine Enamel -

106_4279.JPG

In various colors -

106_4280.JPG

Also detailed several parts, some of which you can see above, as well as the 10 minutes I spent on the fan below:

106_4282.JPG

106_4283.JPG

106_4276.JPG

106_4277.JPG

106_4293.JPG

Then I turned my attention to the carbs -

106_4285.JPG

...and what do you think I found inside?

106_4287.JPG

Why those are bits of Alphapha leaves deposited by the Leaf-Cutter Bee! They use bits of leaves, stuffed in any holes they can find, to deposit their eggs which will hatch next spring. Happened while the car was stored at the in-laws farm.

Once disassembled, everything went into the soaker, until tomorrow.

106_4292.JPG

Edited by e-tek

The fan turn out great. Looks like new.

Did you have the blue color mixed? It looks pretty dam close to original on the photos.

My spray cans looked like yours too. I have a different brand and if its not warm you only get to use half the can before it clogs up. That was frustrating because I then end up one can short to complete the job on the inside floor:angry:.

post-26512-14150823725811_thumb.jpg

I tend to agree, that color looks close enough :) I want to do mine in the summer, but 'not in a hurry on that, I do need to order parts from the US anyhow, so will order the correct block paint then to.

Keep going e-tek ! You'll be driving it soon with this pace.

Really nice work so far. Look in my topic about the carbies... I cleaned them with a very small screw driver scrapping the dirt of, and with alot of patience. Make sure to check the exit from the float bowl, mine was very much clogged with dirt.

I use Valvoline 190 black, never had problems with it. You should try it !

Edited by bartsscooterservice