IGNORED

rb conversion in 76' 240k

SHM17Y

hey guys, my dato is sittin in my shed fallin to bits,

iv got an N/A rb30 that i ripped out of a vl, just picked up a rb25 head over the weekend, hope to be getting a turbo r33 5 speed

plan is to mate all this together and throw the engine and gearbox into my dato, dont plan on doin a huge build body wise, jus want it do handle somewhat (shall be having a good read through the suspension threads) and have a bit of poke under the right foot

my questions are

1. would anybody be able to give me some info on puting this engine into my dato, ie: what has to be modified to get the engine in, what has to be modified to get the gearbox in

2. im sure this would have been done before, does anybody know who has done it?

3. where should i be looking to get parts to complete the conversion?

thankyou for your time, hope you can help,

cheers SHM17Y

Hi Shm17y,

I have a rb motor in my 240k, you will need to make engine mounts or modify crossmember, and make a gearbox crossmember. I am using an r33 turbo gearbox, and the clearances are tight, but no panelbeating required, smae goes for the sump if you are not using a cast aluminium 4wheel drive sump e.g. stagea motor (which I am using now :)

any questions or info needed, I will try and steer you in the right direction.

Danny

cheers guys,

thanks 240kconvertable ill be having a good read through kid k thread then pm him

ill deffinately be getting some pointers off you 240kingdat,

are you from the berra'?

will be a slow project for me but hopefully not to slow

haha, thats sik, if i had more money id have more projects,

this one has taken 5 years so far :-)

5yrs:surprised.... omg my 910 dirt circuit car has taken nearly a yr, but its almost complete now....

half way through it i decided i wanted to start another project so thats how i got my 240lk.... im gonna go the same route (RB conversion), but thats all later, the body work, paint & interior are my main focus atm.