IGNORED

What Zs belong in Museums

hls30.com

If you had the onlys Z museum and could get any Z, what would you put in the Museum?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the onlys Z museum and could get any Z, what would you put in the Museum?

• 1) Low vin Zs.
    • 2) Zs with an extablished racing heritage.
    • 3) Zs with a confirmable Histrory.
    • 4) Zs that are strictly stock.
    • 5) Unrestored Zs.
    • 6) Highly restored Zs.
    • 7) ZCCA Gold Medalion winners.
    • 8) ZCCA Gold Cup winners.
    • 9) Z Restorations in Progress.
    • 10) Z Modifications in progress.
    • 11) Zs owned by famous people.
    • 12) Zs from TV shows.
    • 13) Zs From Movies.
    • 14) Zs from the highest volume years.
    • 15) Local Daily Drivers.

Zak,

Each of the twins has one half of the directions to Atlantis:cheeky:, between them they have all of directions, and it is up to you to be their ride to Atlantis:beer:...If they don't need a unicorn, you don't need a unicorn, be the unicorn!;);)

Bill,

If none of them belong in a museum, obviously you wouldn't have a museum...

John,

I didn't put that as a selection because I want people posting, not checking boxes...:cool:

I'll give my answer after we get a few more good posts!

Will

I voted for low vin Z cars and racing history cars. It wasn't a choice but if a famous person owned a Z and it could be found and restored that might be a choice I would make as well. The attached pic isn't a Z but it is an example of what I might find interesting as a museum patron. Carl Sagan with his 914...

post-16545-14150808215201_thumb.jpg

My Z museum would house one of each 'series', unrestored in excellent condition, and strictly stock.

Ditto, but I would also add one each of all the variants as offered in other markets. The European market Zed differed from the Japanese market Zed and from the North American Z... subtle differences, but present nonetheless.

I don't think there are enough people that could recognize an S20 variant, nor a full deluxe JDM Z with all the trims and whistles. Some think the ZG nose was never a Datsun/Nissan concept. Others think the US Z came with Mag Wheels. Nor could most of us recognize the difference between a UK model and a JDM (and there might be actually NO difference).

Additionally, racing legendary cars such as the Africa races. The actual cars only, not replicas except for some very few exceptions. Not sure which these would be.

Personality owned cars? Unless Loni Anderson or Farrah Fawcett owned one and there was a wax figurine of them in a bathing suit..... probably not. I would include pictures of them with their cars though, but the car, in and by itself... I don't think it's ownership history denotes a "distinguishable" feature.

E

I voted for Zs with an established racing history, Zs that are strictly stock, and Zs that are/were owned by famous people. What I didn't see was highly modified Zs. Basically, I would display anything that was exceptional, rare, or creative without being an eyesore like the amateur art cars roaming around here in Santa Cruz.