IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Hey, thanks Phil!...but the results certainly would have been different had you been there :)

Let's hope you'll be joining us at Blackhawk over Memorial Day.

–Mark

That's interesting. Both your car and my friends 914 have the number 89. Am I not seeing that right? I can't see your number in my friend's picture but I can see his and yours is in your avatar.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh he will. That is a real no kidding vintage racer and he has been working like a dog to get it ready and actually go racing instead of just wishing he were racing.

Check these out... Pretty sure these are from back in the day.

post-16545-14150811113001_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
More from 914 guy Glenn Stazak and the Midwest Council races. He is having fun with you guys...

I was there as a spectator/observer. There's something to be said for not having to worry about anything and watching everyone else deliberate. :) It was a hot weekend too with temps in the 90's. Bill (red 240, 3rd pic) had that 914 on his tail the entire race, he was spent afterwards.

Your friends 914 sounds awfully tame, but rightfully so, makes the most sense starting out with something like that.

Andy Besic has a nice Ferrari replica which he's been running with us. He qualified on pole but DNF'd. Joe, other red Z won.

post-9538-14150811181215_thumb.jpg

I mentioned to Glenn that you thought his car sounded a little tame. His response:

I am running an old 2.2 E motor with a sport muffler, it is a trainer motor.

That yellow 914 driver must be something because that car looks stock and he was running with the big boys.

Glenn Stazak

It was great to see Glenn out there again. Heat and humidity was brutal...I ran 2 races back to back and later doubted my judgement on that decision. How Gurney, Foyt, etc survived those 3 hour enduros at Riverside is beyond me.

My webers weren't happy with the weather either, way off the pace, I never arrived at a decent tune-up that day. Next time.

• 3 weeks later...