IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

From a blog by Adam Carolla on his Camel GT Pace Car...

"Eventually, it was just left on the grounds of the track, neglected and rotting. I’ve seen photos of it from 1986 with its wheels off, hood askew, just sitting in the dirt. It’s a shame that it fell into such sorry shape. But at the time, well, it was a Datsun, which was one strike against it. And the parts weren’t really worth anything. It wouldn’t have made a good race car, since it was too dated to compete anymore and it wasn’t old enough to be “vintage” yet. So, there it sat."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

my 1st post here, and it is a question, sorry no pics...

But maybe, i'll introduce first: my name is wim, i'm from belgium (europe), love cars & bikes - especially the vintage ones, I have a modeling shop specialized in cars & bikes and lately, i started to produce transformation kits for big scale model cars (1/8, 1/12). In daily life, i drive a 280zx, my sole car. héhé...

So, here's my problem: I am trying to figure out the difference between bob sharps 240Z & 260Z, & camel pace car 240Z (if existed-not sure) & 260z. I'll explain: i'm going to modify a 1/12 tamiya datsun 240Z model car into the bob sharp and/or camel pace car. But to make it correct, i need to filter pictures down to 240Z, as that is the base 'ill start from.

so, I'm looking for some clear details on outside of car, so i can decide in a blink if it is 240 or 260. Are there any?

Been over the pics i found (online only, so nothing new to show here) several times, and still hesitate to decide which is which.

Thank you for your input.

Wim

Look at the Tail Lights and the panels surrounding them.

See Post #493 - - BSR 1977 - Tail Lights show 260/280Z

Camel GT -

Bob Sharp Datsun Z Camel GT Pace Car | eBay Motors Blog

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl, thx. I now noticed the 240 have reflector in center of tail lights, while 260 has them near edge.

Further, i found out that apart from small details in & out, cars have almost identical body. And that, even back then, parts were easily swapped between various versions...

So, this make me think, if i start from 1/12 240Z, i can easily disguise as 260z... Cool. Joe Camel can put his shades on & relax, i'll get the pace car done...

Wim

• 3 weeks later...