IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Here are a couple shots from last year at Monterey with Adam and the BRE 510 and the Fitzy car very fun times. Should be at Laguna with the 510 in March and back at Sonoma with the 510 in april and May hopefully.

post-834-14150822541597_thumb.jpg

post-834-14150822542259_thumb.jpg

Many of you have asked about the Car I got from Jerry Purcell and what my plans were for it well Here are some photos of it back in the day in New Mexico when it was a C-prod car and 1 photo as I received it from Jerry. I have to say that the work the guys did back then to make it an IMSA car was very high quality and thought out and I am planning to run the car almost as Jerry gave it to me with the same colors and everything but because they hand made all the parts out of metal all 4 fenders and rear spoiler and front valance/spoiler I will fix those parts and most likely make fiberglass replicas so I don't hurt the real original parts. As some of you know this car is serial number 000029 and I feel very honored that I can put it back out there as Jerry had it in the late 70s and early 80s. Hope to be able to start on it pretty soon!!! the center photo is from the Datsun tent at the runoffs in 1977 I think

post-834-14150822542972_thumb.jpg

post-834-14150822543175_thumb.jpg

post-834-14150822543742_thumb.jpg

I wonder if this one is still around?
Yes that car is being restored to racing status and another IMSA Z that ran with him is out there as well with this car and could become available from what I have heard.

Les

As pictured that was Joel Anderson's Z. According to Joel - It started out as the 1972 OMS Pace Car and was purchased by Joel {Frank Leary's Crew Chief} from the Datsun Competition Dept. for $1.00 and Joel picked it up at Sear Point from Bob Bondurant in 1979.

It was prepared for IMSA GT-U. The Z was featured in the movie "Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo". Joel said he sold it to a friend, that was going to prepare it for SCCA GT2.

Les - do you know who the owner is now?

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl

So far as I know Joel maintained ownership and was letting another shop restore the car and then I was told Joel would drive it again and eventually the shop would help with the car and so on. Also the car that was in the movie was actually not the IMSA car but a very early series 1 body that was raced only in regional races but in a photo I have it won every race it entered in like 1978 in C prod in San Fran area and if I find it there is a photo of the door which was saved with all the stickers on it.

Those are cool sites! Frisselle won the Mosport race in GTU. Bob Sharp was listed as an entry but didn't run, evidently. Bob Speakman is not listed as an entrant but finished 19th - 5th in GTU.

.I went to warerford hills last summer, first time for me. John Morton

was there. I was talking with Gene Henderson's son.He had a big box of pics of his father's

racing career.

Did you see this Etceterini Cliff Reuter Jerry Melton Period Racing Photos Page

"I have been a strictly amateur racing photographer from my first days of college in 1962. After hanging on the spectator fence at Green Valley Raceway in Texas taking photos without a telephoto for a couple of years, I became a corner worker until my move to Detroit Michigan (just in time to be welcomed by the riots that started the mass exodus from the city). Upon joining the Detroit Region SCCA I was immediately pressed into service as their photographer, thus gaining passes to the races for a number of years until the birth of my son and a second job restricted my weekend commitments. I continue to be a regular visitor to nearby Waterford Hills Raceway, where one needs no pass to be close to the action."

img749.jpg

"1983 Portland: First in GTO class, Third overall By now the car had nearly 700 horsepower and could spin the tires in fifth gear. Good for 140 in the standing quarter mile."

Tony Adamowicz, 1983, Electramotive Z-car

Tony Adamowicz, 1982, Electramotive Z-car

Tony Adamowicz, 1982, Electramotive Z-car

Tony Adamowicz, 1979-81, Electramotive Years