IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Hi Rob, good to hear from you again. Heh, my first thought was current pics from the vintage racing scene, but I see it's vintage-vintage :) In that case greyghost has a treasure of old photos (and new) in his gallery, I took the liberty of weeding some out:

ra70sf.jpg

ra70sc.jpg

4873lbz01.jpg

4873Z_cars_.jpg

4873logan3.jpg

4873redz_.jpg

4873farperf.jpg

4873carpenter1.jpg

4873Gaggle_of_Z.jpg

Edited by Mike

That's what I'm talking about! This is turning into a good thread...

Hi Phil! Long time no chat... How is the frozen North? Phil and I have known of each other since I was a Minnesotan... I had to leave when my nieghbor Jesse ran for Governor. Of course, now I have the Governator!

That's what I'm talking about! This is turning into a good thread...

Hi Phil! Long time no chat... How is the frozen North? Phil and I have known of each other since I was a Minnesotan... I had to leave when my nieghbor Jesse ran for Governor. Of course, now I have the Governator!

The frozen north is just that, thankfully not as bad as last year precip wise but still below normal temps :( Actually, I believe we first spoke shortly after your migration to San Fran, you were very courteous! That was ages ago, I was a "wet behind the ears" 20 yr old then.

Anyway, I weeded out a few more good ones from greyghost's gallery:

here's Dan Parkinson's car:

48735cpz_.jpg

Here's Logan @ Blackhawk shortly after purchasing it, pre-yellow paint and still wearing BRE regalia. On a side note I feel very fortunate to race at the same track in a very similar car. On more than a few occasions some of the "old timers" there have compared mine to his, it's flattering.

4873scan0005.jpg

This one blows me away, I've raced against it at Blackhawk:

4873CP_280Z.jpg

Not vintage-vintage but I feel it's worth an exception, here's the same car a few years ago at blackhawk wearing the same paint!

BHawck9-05.jpg

Anyway, I weeded out a few more good ones from greyghost's gallery:

here's Dan Parkinson's car:

48735cpz_.jpg

That would be the 280Z body he used, after totalling the BRE #46 240-Z. Dan said he used many of the parts off #46 to build this car.

Thanks for the pictures...

Carl B.

IZCC #260

In early 1984 I went to an SCCA race at Roebling road with a girlfriend's father to "work" as part of the pit crew for a local doctor who was racing. This was before I bought my 240Z and as a senior in high school I didn't really know anything about Datsuns. When walking around the infield someone pointed out to me that the car in the attached picture was raced by Jim Fitzgerald. I didn't know who he was but they said he raced with and was friends with Paul Newman. I knew who he was so I took a picture of the car. It's in black and white because at the time I was processing my own film. I'd completely forgotten about it until this thread came up and had to dig through a box of old pictures in my crawl space.

As an aside, here's just one of the cars that the doctor owned at that time:

http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/cardetail.php?reqcardir=FE-250GTO-3387

post-3294-14150806265374_thumb.jpg