IGNORED

What is the best part of taking your Z out for a spin?

hls30.com

What is the best part of a spin in your Z on a beautiful day?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best part of a spin in your Z on a beautiful day?

• The feel of the seat pushing you folward as you snatch gears.
    • The sound of the engine getting more serious about going fast.
    • The search for breakfast (overconfident ricers).
    • Getting chased down for a "stuppidest thing I ever did was sell my Z" story.
    • The envious looks from other drivers/pedistranians.
    • The knowledge that you restored/modified this car to just what you want .
    • A long, empty, recently resurfaced twisty road with complete visability.
    • The feeling of pride from all of your work haulling your a$$ down the road.
    • The difference between this car and your other one.
    • Having your co-pilot sharing the experience.
    • Wasting a little gas, burning a little off your tires, and smiling like crazy from both!
    • Realizing that the parts you ordered are parking lot installable and ready for pickup!
    • knowing there are other Z nuts doing the same thing at the same moment-somewhere!
    • Realizing you no longer have a sunroof!
    • Knowing that before long, your Z will actually leave the garage under its own power!!!

What is the most enjoyable part of a drive in your Z on a perfect day?

The wind in your hair, the music of the engine, the addrenalin caused by your right foot, the looks from those outside the car?

What? If I left out your thought, please put it in-with what Z you have!

All of the above! Well, saving the fact that the car is now parked in the garage until I find out what happened in the bottom end :(. I love looking out over that long hood like it's the deck of an aircraft carrier, combined with that amazing rumble that grows into a growl as my right foot digs deeper. Any time I take her out, people always come up to me and say "I used to have a Z/510/etc.." and we get into Datsun conversations. I love how perfectly the windows are designed to let the right amount of air in without making you feel like you're in Chicago. Even the smell of the slightest bit of unburnt fuel with the intoxicating exhaust smell hits me in the right way.

Will, you need to ad this one for me.

It's been so long since we had a perfect day to drive my Z I can't remember.

It is low 50's and raining again here in Seattle. It seems like we had about two nice days since last September. I hope we are not standing around in the rain at Canby again this year.

-Mike

And here is the forecast for next 10 days.... So much for global warming :angry:

Jun 5

Showers

51°

46°

Jun 6

Rain

51°

46°

Jun 7

Showers

58°

45°

Jun 8

Few Showers

57°

46°

Jun 9

Few Showers

60°

47°

Jun 10

Partly Cloudy

60°

50°

Jun 11

Few Showers

61°

47°

Jun 12

Partly Cloudy

62°

48°

Jun 13

Showers

61°

48°

Jun 14

Showers

65°

48°

It's going to be the mid 90s all week, so it's twilight drives for me (maybe early morning since I'm on overnight call Saturday night)...

I like how The Z is rough, light, loud and unkempt. I don't perceive getting any attention when I'm on the road, which is fine. I'm pretty much lost in the noise, the steering feel, the road feel and remembering exactly how I've been over every square inch of this car.....Then, I start listing what I still need to work on....So it provides a good way to ignore the pressures of work and family life.

I love how my Z sits quietly under other car parts, coated in a haze of body filler. My Z needs no motor, drivetrain or other hardware. My Z is just happy to have wheels. Sometimes, My Z gets rolled to the other side of the bodyshop for more work. My Z doesn't ask for much...she just waits patiently for the day she is painted.

Im so sad now...

I am coming to Canby. Won't be the first or last time this Z has been wet. I am sure a couple of the group from the North will have an awning.

If mine leaks I still won't melt.

Getting to see all the hard work go down the road knowing I built it the way I wanted.