IGNORED

New here from South Africa

Hi from sunny South Africa,

HS30-H was refering on hybridZ to this site often enough for me to make move. Somewhat this site fits my interests more: my nissans are fine just the way they are...

I wonder if there are other members from black continent (no pun intended)?

Martin

post-16251-1415080255868_thumb.jpg

post-16251-14150802559168_thumb.jpg

Welcome ! pretty cool z and c10...:laugh:

QUOTE=29pgc10;246942]Hi from sunny South Africa,

HS30-H was refering on hybridZ to this site often enough for me to make move. Somewhat this site fits my interests more: my nissans are fine just the way they are...

I wonder if there are other members from black continent (no pun intended)?

Martin

Alan pops in and out of here as well.

In a nutshell, if your content with your car in the OEM configuration, as opposed to V-8 transplants, then yes, this site is better suited for information than Hybrid Z. As their name implies, they've modified their Z's for higher performance. While we also have a cadre of modified vehicles, most of ours are "stock".

But welcome and please post pics. You might also share a bit of South Africa with the rest of us so that we're not so uninformed.

Enrique

I have few "projects" so I will need help of HybridZ members, it seems like they done it all.

Certainly ClassicZcars archives are great source of historical information, which I am busy exploring.

Regarding South Africa... sunshine most of the year, great back roads - hence not very popular with cops, huge distances. Simply great motoring country. Surely we have not so good press - mainly beacuse of the crime - but I am not seing my self going back to europe any time soon. Oh I forgot: on Highveld the cars DON'T RUST!!!

Picture: my first 240Z chasis 001250 sometime in 1999 on the way to Cape Town.

M.

post-16251-1415080255976_thumb.jpg

I have few "projects" so I will need help of HybridZ members, it seems like they done it all.

Certainly ClassicZcars archives are great source of historical information, which I am busy exploring.

Regarding South Africa... sunshine most of the year, great back roads - hence not very popular with cops, huge distances. Simply great motoring country. Surely we have not so good press - mainly beacuse of the crime - but I am not seing my self going back to europe any time soon. Oh I forgot: on Highveld the cars DON'T RUST!!!

Picture: my first 240Z chasis 001250 sometime in 1999 on the way to Cape Town.

M.

WoW no doubt great motoring country :)

Great taste in cars also, I especially like the stance on the Green one :classic: !

And Welcome.

~Z~

Martin;

Yes, the Hybrid Z guys are known for many upgrades, changes and innovations to their Z's.

But don't sell us short, you may find that even some of their members come HERE for answers on the BASICS before they tear into and modify.

While they are the knowledgeable ones on V-8 transplants, upgraded disc brake conversions from other models / marques, and how to modify the Z, you'll find that we'll be able to help you decipher much of the mechanical, electrical and basic performance issues with the Z's....aside from the History, Legends, and other information. You have to know how it works before you can re-design and re-engineer it.

We're like two sides of a coin. Neither one necessarily being better than the other side.

E

Martin;

But don't sell us short, you may find that even some of their members come HERE for answers on the BASICS before they tear into and modify.

We're like two sides of a coin. Neither one necessarily being better than the other side.

E

And that is exactly why I am on both of them. Chosing one would be like chosing Easter over Christmans... or Christmas over Easter...

Here I hope to contribute information from my southern perspective. Like the Gr4 240Z raced here by Geoff Mortimer in 73. Or Ewold & Minota van Bergen TSK 33 SA 694 240Z at '71 Monte. Both topics of little interest to most HybridZ readers. Although Ewold van Bergen should be honorary HybridZ member. Actually anything that has to do with Nissan Competition should mention him here ot there. In the past I have forwarded info about him to Carl, Merlin but it did not pass through the censorship.

So I am not trying to shot myself in the foot. I am lucky to have two zeds: one will be HybridZ - but I will not make it look like R8, other rather Classic.

Ps.: The last picture was from a "race" on gravel at about 70km/h. Only in Africa.

Regards, M

post-16251-14150802561628_thumb.jpg

post-16251-14150802562081_thumb.jpg

post-16251-1415080256228_thumb.jpg

post-16251-14150802562478_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the club. I hope to see and hear from you in the future. If there is anything you need to know about your Z , someone on this site has been there and done that. Make use of the search and you will find a wealth of information. Gary