IGNORED

Honda Wiper Motor Upgrade for the 240Z

Dave, ezzzzzz

Would you mind posting some pics of the correct (and incorrect, particularly vis a vis the output shaft and the "spider legged") motors so those of us off to hunt the local JY will have a field guide of what works?

Thanks,

Steve

Dave, ezzzzzz

Would you mind posting some pics of the correct (and incorrect, particularly vis a vis the output shaft and the "spider legged") motors so those of us off to hunt the local JY will have a field guide of what works?

Thanks,

Steve

The 91' Honda Civic has the correct motor but here's a few shots to help get the correct motor.

The motor on the right is the Honda motor. When you get the motor home, hold them side by side. the slots on the shaft should be aimed the same way. ( / ) ( / )

datsun_vs_honda_wiper_motor.JPG

When you find the correct motor at the yard, save the 3 bolts and the washer and nut from the motors shaft.

Dave.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE DIAGRAMS ON POST #22!!

The Diagrams on Post #22 are incorrect and have been modified to correct the Universal (J.C. Whitney) delay unit and the EQUUS 9030 delay unit.

After installing these units into my 240Z and Justin54321's 72' 240Z. I discovered a flaw in the Diagrams. Because of my "PARK" relay, their instructions do not apply. So I have modified the diagrams to show the correct wiring of those 2 units. Not having installed the HELLA unit as of yet, I can not be sure if it is correct or not. So I changed the HELLA diagram to what I think will be correct.

J C Whitney delay diagram for Honda upgrade 1mb.bmp

EQUUS 9030 wiper delay full diagram under 1mb.bmp

HELLA wiper delay unit into 240Z with Honda under 1mb.bmp

• 2 months later...

Dave, you're the wiring guru. Thanks for your work on this. I a '73 with the unique combo switch. Would the wiring diagram you supplied above be applicable to my car - (my wiper motor plug on firewall).

Not 100% sure. I know it'll work properly (with my relay) but the intermittent part would have to be studied. It's all about the timer. I don't personally know if the 73's intermittent timer is on the Datsun motor or in a seperate box, somewhere in the 240Z.

Dave

• 2 months later...
This is a picture of the incorrect motor, which did come off a 1991 Honda Civic. I'm off to the wrecking yard to see if I can find the correct one.

Greg

I went to Pull-A-Part today, and the only wiper motors I could find are these 4-legged spider ones. Every 91 Civic I looked at had the incorrect motor. Has anyone identified exactly which model Civic the correct motor comes from?

If I can find time (or if anyone else can) I'll call Honda Service on tuesday and have them do a Cross refence on the correct part, to find out what other hondas that motor came in. That should answer this age old question, I hope.

Now I need to find the part number.

Dave.

Check the '91 Accords also. They will have a motor that works just fine, with the only caveat being that you have to grind down the shaft a bit. I did this for mine since I couldn't find the correct one ouf of the Civic of that era, and it works just fine. I got it installed yesterday btw.

Greg

P.S. Still working on the delay circuit idea Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mike featured this topic