IGNORED

interior differences_GT-R v 240K

bonzelite

i've taken notice to the differences in not only the dash trim (brushed metal v wallpaper wood), but as well to the door panels --the GT-R (2000 GT) appears to have a very different arm rest and lower trim configuration than a non-2000 GT/240K. moreover, when doing a GT-R conversion, how does one acquire accurate interior panels?

as well, it appears the rear passenger side panels are the same. yes or no? here are some comparison pictures:

pic 1 and 2 are (apparently) from the GT-R; pics 3 and 4 are from 240K:

post-14346-14150800353378_thumb.jpg

post-14346-14150800353474_thumb.jpg

post-14346-14150800353566_thumb.jpg

post-14346-14150800353982_thumb.jpg

i just checked a model of a 2000GT KPGC110 that i have and the door panels are evidently the same as any 2000GT, with the longer armrest turning up at an angle not featured. so i don't know where that came from, then, in the above pic. the owner must have gotten another armrest or door panel from a different car. evidently all arm rests are short throughout all of the C110s.

however, the 2000GT has black material all the way down, not the silver metallic plate-like thing as seen on the 240K pics. i'm just learning this stuff, so do all 240Ks have the silver metallic insert at the base of the inner doors?

if so, that is incorrect for a 2000GT conversion.

you have a kpgc110? or do you mean KHGC110?

pm me your email address and i will send you a copy of the Jap part manual, that will probably be pretty helpful to you.

i have not noticed a door handle like that before on a C110 though, or the lack of silver strip on a KPGC110.. but i could be very wrong..

khughes, check your PM ;)

i'm going to be getting a 240K fairly soon. that would be the KH? the KP is GT-R. i'm going to GT-R-ize it. so you say that the GT-R has the silver strip panel? all that i have seen in pics and as scale models are all black on the inner door panel (?)

Search this site for more info about VINs.

I don't think it's a good idea to reference "GT-R Replicas" with this kind of thing!

The first and second photos appear to be different cars. The first is not a GT-R, the second is. The first is a later model 2000GT-X, and this is why it has the extended arm rest on the passenger side. Nothing to do with GT-R. GT-R never had this kind of arm rest as it was only produced in 73.

As seen in the second picture, the GT-R did not have the brushed aluminium (I think that's what the material is anyway) along the bottom of the door on the inside. Yup, all black vinyl.

Third is just a 2000GT, later model with round a/c vents.

Fourth is interesting. Do you have any more pictures of this one? It looks to be in a museum, and looks to be a GT-R except for the woodgrain on the console. Weird.

yes, Alphadog, it's best to get actual GT-R pics as you suggest. people who make knock-offs can have widely varied interior presentations. i have a 1:18 scale of model of the KPGC110 and the arm rests are the small kind, with no metallic panel at the bottom of the inner door.

let me look for more pics of the #4 pictured car. here, i found some. same car:

post-14346-14150800360526_thumb.jpg

post-14346-14150800360679_thumb.jpg

post-14346-14150800360871_thumb.jpg

post-14346-14150800361017_thumb.jpg

Interesting. I wonder what the story is with that car and the woodgrain console. And the lack of a VIN plate on the firewall!

A lot of JDM cars have the VIN plate screwed on to the left inner fender. At least that's where mine is . . .