IGNORED

got my seat rails!

khughes

as some of you know, i have been looking at trying to get some seat rails for my recaro SR3 seats, to fit the 240k..

After a bit of searching, i found a company in tokyo that sells the seat rails that i needed!! Luckily for me, i had family going over for a couple of 2 week stints in tokyo, and i was able to get the rails delivered to their hotel so that they could lug them home for me (12.5kg total, i wouldn't wish that on anyone other than family :)

http://www.howars.co.jp/search_result_free.php?free=C110

The part numbers were N094SR and N093SR

I was a little worried at what the rails would be like, seeing as the web didn't show pictures, and google translator didn't workout so well for me on this site.

I was very surprised to find that they were actually genuine Bride seat rails! and for the set it ended up costing me the princely sum of AU$250!!! (and that is for the pair!)

They fitted perfectly (as i would expect), and i now have mounted seats (one big tick on my list of things to do!)

The only down side is for the passenger (only because of my roll cage, and the cross brace behind the front seats), the passanger seat can not be reclined back very far, unless they are sitting on the dashboard.. but that isn't my problem :)

i will post some pics tonight, i left my camera at home this morning :(

i paid $1550 for a 2nd hand set of recaro SR3's in very good contion, these came with a set of Falcon recaro seat rails that i later sold for around $150

I have seen sets go for $1000-1100 if your quick (watch SAU, sylvia forums etc.)

i think the hard bit would be to get somebody over there to order them for you (i don't think they will ship directly), i guess check EMS to see what 12.5Kg would cost (i am guessing $100+)

pics here :)

http://www.project240k.com/images/thumbnails.php?album=14

yep they are.. i assume the other ones are for bride? not sure, i guess you would need to compare the spacing (on the website).. the instructions that came with the seats were generic, so that doesn't help...

maybe worth checking out yahoo auctions for pics.. i don't think there are too many manufacturers of seat rails for C110

• 1 month later...