IGNORED

Recaro or Slyline R32 GTR Seats???

73skyline

im jus posting this for opinions, these two seats are very nice and priced the same, well today i sat in the R32 GTR seats and they feel GREAT!, they hug your body well and not on the hard side, the Recaros they havent came in yet but i like the look of the Recaros. they give my car that Nostalgic look to it. im pretty sure ill be getting the Recaros but jus wondering if you seen any C110's with R32 GTR seats in them and if you have any pictures please feel free to post.

thanks

mikey

post-7451-14150794909303_thumb.jpg

post-7451-14150794909631_thumb.jpg

the R32 gtr seats are pretty pricey, on the website they are about $850 for the pair but im sure he'll give me a deal. the Recaros are around the same price he told me maybe a tad cheaper but hes going back to japan this sunday and will be looking for more seats and parts. he'll be back in a month.

if your still interested in the seats let me know i can try talking to him this weekend before he leaves. i can still get the seats anytime just have to go through his uncles bodyshop to get them when he leaves. they feel so good i want tham but in the end ill be wanting the oldstyle Recaros more

you can email me at mikeseez@cox.net anytime

thanks

mikey

Bear in mind that the R32 seats will be 15 yrs old whilst the Recaros will be new.. right? Although, I still like the looks of the R32 seat better. But I'd prefer a "Datsun bucket" over both of them LOL Nowhere near as ergonomic as those though.

Here are some pictures of seats in C110's. I'm sorry I don't any with the BNR32 seats, I'm sure someone has done it before. Maybe Michael has one...

post-1243-14150794909914_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150794910096_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150794910253_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150794910411_thumb.jpg

Mikey,

I have a BNR32 and a couple of C110 coupes and as much as I like the original C110 fronts, I love the 32's fronts. They hold you well if you tend to drive whilest looking through the side windows, if you know what I mean.

As for being 15 years old, who cares, as long as they are clean, they are great. The only problem is they are hard to keep clean.

Unfortunately I am off to Sydney for a week, but next weekend, I could compare the two models footprints and see how easy the 32's would fit into the C110. If you want?

If your at the wreckers looking at seats, you might want to review the seat belt situation as well. The BNR32 belts might be able to be grafted into the C110. Just a thought!

Hey 240k

yea if you have time sure id like to know how the 32 fronts will fit in the 240k, if you know anyone with pictures of the 32 fronts in a 240k id love to see them, im just worried it wont look right in my car. the fishnet recaros seem to fit the look of the car better, most of the japanese 240k gtr in my magazine ran fish net recaros. i love the fit of the 32 fronts, they hug very well and feel very comfortable and the fishnet recaros in my opinion makes the car look more classic old race. it should be a very easy decision for me to make on what seat i should use but im to picky...hehehe thank you all for your opinions. i guess i just need to see how a 32 front seat would look in the 240k to finish my decision since ive seen many fishnet recaros in my magazine.

mikey

• 2 weeks later...

Be carefull though..

if you are tall, the GTR seats arn't the most comfortable seat in the world, i have friends over 6ft tall that get back pains all the time when driving because of the seats.. one was even considering turfing the GTR seats for GTST seats because of it..

I gotta admit, now that i get back in my GTR, my back does ache a little after long drives (there is little lateral support, and no adjustments), guess i am use to more comfortable seats now

Maybe check out a set of recaro SR3's (ie. integra VTIR seats), they are much nicer, but more expensive..

I will probably be getting a set of OBX monaco seats for the 240k, they seem to be very cheap ($600 a pair, ADR approved, harness holes etc..), but i havn't sat in them yet, so i don't know how comfortable they are

yep, you gotta love the NSW RTA.. we pay them money for something... just not sure what that is yet... certainly isn't to fix the roads..

maybe GTR seat owners across NSW should organise a class action compensation law suite.. distress (you can't drive your car without breaking wheels / suspension etc.. and physical injury from the back pain)

:D

Hey Mikey

Two of my old cars (the Z included) came with those same base model Recaros and in both cases I removed them... didn't like them - felt too bulky and just didn't look right (both cars are from the early 70s and these base model Recaros to me at least look more at home in an 80s BMW 3series, or Audi Coupe...)

One of the cars has the Recaro equivalent to the Bride racing seat that Lachlan pictured in the red car and that feels perfect - especially if you're tall and like to sit real low...

FYI

-e

• 4 weeks later...

Is there some weird camera angle thing going on cause in the second pic it looks like the top of the Recaro SRD JUST barely clears the top horizontal edge of the door... did you just bolt them straight to the floorpan? :)

-e