IGNORED

Body Kits - Where to buy?

SugarFreeGum

Hi guys,

First post here, have been reading through many threads over the past few weeks, could not find very many speciific to body kits in Australia.

So its time for my first car, and my brother happens to have a 1981 280zx 2+2 tbar roof. Its in resonable condition. I'm doings some research and seeing if its worth taking it off his hands and spending some money on it. As i'd love to do it.

I've pretty much found prices for most of the things i was after.

One thing i would like in the future is the MSA Aero Kit 2 Body Kit.....

Is this available in Australia? I can not find anything about it. I have emailed The Z Store, but never recieved a reply. I'm not sure if they ship to Australia, and if they did i'm sure it would be very expensive.

Also anyone know who stocks Clear Headlight covers here in melboune?

Thats it for the moment guys, but if i do go ahead with the project i'm sure there will be many more questions!

Cheers

Yeh I havnt seen any kitted 280zx's in Australia. Ive seen a 1st gen 300zx kitted up just around the corner from me in Perth, thats the closest ive seen.

I would like to know if MSA export to Australia too. Because when i get my 240z(and i will:stupid: ) i want some things from there, mainly the 6-2 header and 'twice pipes'. That will be in a fair few years time though...:sleepy:

Cheer'z'

Chris

Thanks for the comments, i think i will go ahead with it.

Its a 5speed manual too :)

ANdi the paint job is very rare, i have yet to see another z like it? Its black with a silver bonnet. Looks great, My brother assures its not a custom job, it was a stock thing. He checked it out a few years ago when he got it resprayed.

The engine has been rebuilt a few years ago. 2.5" echaust from the manifold back.

Theres a little bit of rust under the windscreen, and a little bit under the passenger side floor. Which will all be cut and fixed before RWC.

This will be my first car too,

Matt0657 as a first car how do you find it? Power, weight, size?

Certainly feels different to me, sit so low, with a huge bonnet. Spose i'll get used to it.

I really hope those body kits are available in Aus somewhere!

Pretty sure that there would be no body kits in Oz for a 280ZX. You could bring one in from the US but the packing and freight costs alone would be horrendous. Pity because places like MSA have some great Z stuff although even they may not have a lot for the ZX.

Originally posted by SugarFreeGum

This will be my first car too,

Matt0657 as a first car how do you find it? Power, weight, size?

Certainly feels different to me, sit so low, with a huge bonnet. Spose i'll get used to it.

I really hope those body kits are available in Aus somewhere!

In terms of power:weight ratio it is awesome, goes damn hard for a non-turbo car :)

And yeah you do sit really low LOL. But yeah I've gotten used to it in only like 2 days :)

• 3 weeks later...