Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Welcome Kenmeri <3

This is a discussion on Welcome Kenmeri <3 within the Open 240K Discussion forums, part of the Model 240k Skyline category; hey guys, decided to post up my project. Bought this off ebay, might of seen it advertised and im pretty ...

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

Cool Welcome Kenmeri <3

hey guys, decided to post up my project.

Bought this off ebay, might of seen it advertised and im pretty sure he's a member.

Enjoy, Scott

Member ID
    CZCC-23976

usual rust but looks pretty solid!

Well done

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

done some cleaning

boot

Member ID
    CZCC-13640

night and day diff after the cleaning. Looks nice

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

Yeh, gave me a good idea what needs doin. atm i'm just collectinbg parts for this thing.
    Got a pretty good condition bootlid coming from japan along with a chin spoiler and boot lip, also bought a few sets of moulds but obviously they are ment for a 4 door because they have diffferent lenghts and dont fit mine but did score some skyline badges .
    Still need to get a bonnet which is my most rusty item on the car.

When i picked the car up the rear drums where siezed due to not been moved(been told it had been in storage for about 10+ years) for a while. Pulled the drum off and we pushed it onto the trailer. After driving 15 hours home i was keen to see why it didn't run. Put a new battery in and checked for spark and it had plenty so i poured some petrol down the carbie and wound it over a few times and it came to life . Unsure on the motor condition and been covered in alot of dirt and other unknown crap i got some good degreaser and went to town.
    Next day i bought some engine flush and some oil and a new oilfilter and plenty of brake fluid to bleed them. Drained everything and chucked it all in and bleed the brakes and clutch.

I went from a car that doesn't start with no clutch and brakes and didnt roll in under 2 hours of work which i was pretty happy about. Drove it up and down my road a few times and i'm liking it more and more.

Member ID
    CZCC-20477

Hey Scott,

Congratulations on the purchase and it's great to see your hard work reaping rewards. How does she drive? Probably like a car that's been in storage for about 10 years. I never got the time to get her going, so I'm glad that she's gone to someone who has the time and ability to restore her back to her former glory. Sounds like you are going down the GTR replica road. I'm currently overseas and won't be back for a few months, I check this site when I get the chance, hope you keep us posted on your progress.
    After selling to you, I realized that there was a 240K hole in my life, which could only be filled with another 240K, so I had to buy another one, which is exactly what I did.
    When I get back home, I will post up pictures of my new 2 door.

Cheers, Costas

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

Thanks Costas,

Goin to take a while to build but shouldn't be to bad, everything seems to be falling into place with it . Once finished i will have to have a roadtrip down

Can't wait to see what you have bought.

Found a pair of Hayashi cr's but they dont make that model anymore and it would be a waiting game for another pair in the correct size turn up.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

doublepost
    Last edited by uras1; 07-03-2011 at 05:24 AM. Reason: double post

Member ID
    CZCC-16763

Long Live the "K", well done man.....best of luck with your build, good to see progress!

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

Thanks man, i hope it turns out the way i vision it.
    Would love to make a monster L28 but i think the L24 will do the job till i sort out the suspensin side of things.

Member ID
    CZCC-24618

Guys, what's the story with the hardtop body cracking at the top rear corner...I note 'uras' car has it, so have other I've looked at. Is this typical? Or a sign the car has had a rough time? Is it something to worry about, or easily welded up?

Cheers,
    Duane
    Last edited by degruch; 07-04-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

im not to sure where you talking about? mod the picture in ms paint with a arrow and i will try and answer. might be rust because there are no cracks on this thing, under body is clean as

Member ID
    CZCC-16763

Standard fault...usually crack near the side glass, it's the original join. The fact that it was spot welded then lead filled makes them crack, but not really move. All my projects have had a plate welded in it's place, especially QWIK, as I'm hoping for 500hp...I should have a picture of the plate somewhere, will check,,,

Member ID
    CZCC-24618

Cool, thanks. So I can probably load it with lead to refinish, I guess.

Sorry to threadjack, I just thought I spotted the same problem on the top L/H corner of your rear side window. Cool car by the way, just what I'm looking for myself, for a rolling resto.

I found a minta for a guy who was after a hardtop a few years back when I was unable to get it myself - now I'm looking for one, I've been searching unsuccessfully for nearly 2 years! Tons of projects out there, just not many daily drivers.

I know you're not planning on doing an original resto, but looking forward to progress...doesn't a simple clean make a massive difference?

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

not much has happened lately due to other projects on the go. Still finding the little parts i need for this, managed to get a skyline GT badge set, front gaurd corner moulds, fron windscreen mould set, inner door handles and latch set, front interior pillar cover, rear interior pillar cover and a rust free bootlid from japan.

also got a quote for soda blasting the shell which wasnt to bad.

biggest thing i need now is a bonnet, im sure i will come across a half ok one soon.
    Wanted: Hardtop interior pieces

Member ID
    CZCC-20477

Good to see you are collecting all the bits that were either missing or damaged, from memory the needles for the gauges were missing, if you need a set, let me know as I got a set of gauges from Japan. Out of curiosity, how much were you quoted to soda blast?

Cheers.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

might have a dash coming but if it doesn't come i will let you know.

qoute was around 800ish from memory. im goin paint strip most panels and sandblast my self and just get the shell done though so it will be cheaper then that.

few extra bits

Member ID
    CZCC-6769

Man,

for $800 do it! I got a bunch of quotes to soda blast mine, and they were $4k upwards!! i ended up spending $1500 for my shell (around $2500 total) give or take to get it sandblasted.
    07/74 Datsun 240K GL Hardtop KHGC110 - #5497 (longest 240k project in history?)
    1970 Datsun 240Z HS30 #212

www.project240k.com - project details on all my cars

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

yeh once i finish a my other projects it will be getting done.

won these which i was suprised about http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k140864120

got a truck load of stainless trims as well and will sort out the best and repair them.

also aiming to win some fender mirrors to if all goes well, also tried to get a mint dash but the buyer wanted it more then me after a extra hour of bidding was had

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

few more pieces off yahoo this week, skyline rear garnish badge and a brand new boot rubber. tried winning some mirrors but everytime i bidded the person just out bidded me on both sets

Member ID
    CZCC-18349

Quote Originally Posted by uras1 View Post
    skyline rear garnish badge
    Is this the one that go's on your rear lights panel? if so how much was it?

Do you bring your stuff in from jappan your self or buy them throught someone, i am chasing some parts of Yahoo.

Cheers Brad

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

yeh one for taillight http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...028?u=azf_1978 < i bought that one

Got a friend that brings containers in and i just put my stuff in there. i bid on my own stuff on yahoo. send me a pm if you want on the stuff u want and i can let you know

Member ID
    CZCC-18027

Do you have a link to the mirrors you were bidding on please? Were they genuine?

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

yeh gen, these are later model mirrors http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k147001661
    every time i bided i got out bided right away so this person wanted them more then me

Member ID
    CZCC-18027

Thanks!

I didnt realise they were different from year to year. Brad has some sexy mirrors on his, from his other thread i've linked this pic and you can see it looks flat (at least it does to me, maybe a closer pic will show those round lines shown on the yahoo ones);

Member ID
    CZCC-18349

Mine do not have the lines around them, plus the mirrors are electric mine are not.

Member ID
    CZCC-16763

mirrors with the lines through them are c111?

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

will scan a pic out of my skyline book sometime soon.

bidded and lost http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e120939373

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

so i got one mirror, pretty happy but paid alot for it

now just need to get the other side

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

ya, got both sides now. just need to make the rubber base gromet thingy

Member ID
    CZCC-18027

PLEASE do some CF or fibreglass copies of them! No one does it and you'll sell them for sure. Ill be in for a set straight away!

Even if the mirror wasnt in there, just the rest of it

Member ID
    CZCC-15049

^^ agree

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

might look into it, im sure i could sell heaps

Member ID
    CZCC-25879

Default 1974 240K GL 4 door sedan parts

I have just registered with the classic Z car club.

My car is complete except for the left side inner front windscreen pillar mould (blue). I would apreciate if one of you 240K fans could help me locate such an item. I have owned my car since new and although it has only done 88000km, I have had to rebuild it because it was extensively damaged by vandals in 1991. The damage was superficial panel, glass and interior damage. All was replaced with new old stock parts acquired when Nissan Australia rationalised its dealership network in Australia.

Whilst on the subject of 240 K parts, I have an extensive supply of parts that I am willing to sell to help fellow owners restrore their cars.

Apart from a new motor, 5 sp gearbox and all running gear (front and rear), I have 2 new old stock complete door shells and a full set of doors with all window glass, trim, locks, window winders and door seals complete. I have a slightly damaged bonnet with absolutely no rust, but in need of minor repair (vandalised with a hemmer). Likewise for a superficially damaged left front mudguard. I also have at least two sets of dash panels and new instruments (not all); from memory I think I have a new tacho and speedometer (mph and Km), oil pressure and temperature gauge. I also have quite a bit of external stainless mouldings and a half a new grille as well as a complete used grille and front bumber bar in good condition and two rear boot panels and tail light sets (tail light clusters are new). I also have quite a lot of extra door trims and miscellaneous parts too numerous to mention without doing a full inventory on them.

If any of you are interested, feel free to contact me at randrhutton@bigpond.com

Keep up the dedicated work to save some of these cars.

Member ID
    CZCC-20477

Message sent re: Gearbox

Member ID
    CZCC-23976

email sent re: stainless trim

Member ID
    CZCC-25879

Hi uras1,

I am following your threads with interest.
    I am a 240 K tragic. I have a lovely 240 K 4-door that I have owned since new. It was heavily vandalised some 20 years ago but I fixed it all up using new old stock sourced from Nissan dealerships that were closing in the early 1990's. Because of that, I have a lerge stock of surplus body trim parts, panels, instruments and body mouldings. However, I am despeartely seeking an interiror fron pillar panel as the ones in my car were destroyed. Could you give me a clue as to where to source such an item, as I notice that you were lucku enough to find interior moulds for your car.

Cheers, Ron
    not much has happened lately due to other projects on the go. Still finding the little parts i need for this, managed to get a skyline GT badge set, front gaurd corner moulds, fron windscreen mould set, inner door handles and latch set, front interior pillar cover, rear interior pillar cover and a rust free bootlid from japan.

also got a quote for soda blasting the shell which wasnt to bad.

biggest thing i need now is a bonnet, im sure i will come across a half ok one soon.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

what side do you need, can get one easy enough

Member ID
    CZCC-25879

Default Ron Hutton

what side do you need, can get one easy enough
    I need front left screen pillar mould, but could do with both front interior screen pillar moulds as the RH one is also slightly damaged.

Any colour will do as beggars can't be choosers, but if by chance you could source them in blue that would be great. Cheers, Ron

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

will keep a look out.

so i just bought these, not sure if i really need them but got them anyway haha. could be for sale once they arrive, also getting the controls for them to make it complete.

Member ID
    CZCC-18027

How expensive?

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

i paid about 50k for both gaurds with everything on them, hopefully front stainless moulds are in good condition

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

think i have a problem, bought another pair of mirrors lol

Member ID
    CZCC-6769

nice, those look very similar to my mirrors at a glance, did you get the mirror controller and wing bases with them?
    07/74 Datsun 240K GL Hardtop KHGC110 - #5497 (longest 240k project in history?)
    1970 Datsun 240Z HS30 #212

www.project240k.com - project details on all my cars

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

no controller or base but the guards i got came with controller and bases. will pick the best ones for my car and sell the others.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

so pulled it out of hiding and gave it wash and a run up and down the road. motor suprises everytime i start it on how easy it does it.
    fitted my spare wheels off my van which are ssr mk3 13x7-2 haha

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

hopefully found a bonnet in ok condition.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

whish he had the otherside in stock as well

Member ID
    CZCC-18349

Haha yer look so nice and clean new.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

will have to keep a eye out for another mint one. hopefully win a gtr grill and another taillight set tonight

Member ID
    CZCC-18027

Haha can you stop winning them please? I need a set

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

lol sorry

Member ID
    CZCC-18349

Or on sell a set "hint hint"

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

im trying to start up my own yahoo here haha.

so some more parts arrived
    got skyline garnish badge, rear interior trim plastics, boot seal and weather shields which where both bent in the middle like a bananana . managed to massage them semi flat but will have to wait to test fit them to see how they go and hopefully no crease marks in them.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

also picked up a bonnet, has rust but is better then mine but wont tell how bad till i take off old paint. also bidding on one on yahoo

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

new badges

Member ID
    CZCC-18349

Hmmmm those new badges are very nice!!!

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

i got some old ones and i was goin to tidy them up but these came up cheap haha

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

Member ID
    CZCC-18349

Nice to see some of the parts coming together.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

yeh me to, gtr rear panel and my other mirrors missed this container but im not to phased.

also just got this

Member ID
    CZCC-18329

nice wheel choice! Is that a fibreglass grille? What sort of quality are they?
    1974 Datsun KHGC110 240K GT Hardtop

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

Wheels are of my van haha.
    Yes it's a fibreglass grill, unsure on quality yet but hopefully not to bad otherwise i can modify it need need be. Have bidded on heaps lately but all have gone for more then what i wanted to pay but finally got one.
    Next on the list is boot spoiler and flares.

Also Ovenfood kindly let me come over today and let me pillage his old shell for a new cowl panel, can't thank him enough

Member ID
    CZCC-12467
    Datsun 240K
    Turboed L24, Megasquirt II, EDIS

Current project

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

anyone bought flares of him? keen to get some soon and wondering how good they are otherwise i will get them in my next shipment

Member ID
    CZCC-18349

IM running his flares seem like a good fit

Member ID
    CZCC-18343

How much prep work did they require Brad?

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

hopefully none haha

Member ID
    CZCC-18349

Flares didnt take much i dont think, body work to fit them heaps lol.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

sounds correct haha.

yahoo has been busy with parts i need

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

one less thing to find

Member ID
    CZCC-22980

Very nice! I just read from beginning to the end (so far) of your thread.. haha you must have an aladins cave full of GTR/240K bits

Member ID
    CZCC-1269

Are you sticking with the L Series? I'll be placing in the classifieds a Kenmeri HKS surge tank for triples soon, for use for a blown turbo set up
    George
    1973 240Z -The Green Beast- L28 FI

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

Yeh keeping L series in it

Some say pile of crap others say treasure, i like the later one haha

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

got skyline steering wheel and just lost a winning bid on a mint dash

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

also found some tools

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

also what i do all day, other peoples projects haha

Member ID
    CZCC-18343

Nice tool kit, I'm jelly

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

yeh still hunting a few more but getting there.

Also i'm not sure if someone has stolen my ID tag. Lifted the bonnet today and its not there :/

Member ID
    CZCC-12467

The coupes have one on the passenger inner guard
    Datsun 240K
    Turboed L24, Megasquirt II, EDIS

Current project

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

the black one im missing,

Member ID
    CZCC-18343

You can pick up replica tags from Japan, Nissan ones of course though, not Datsun. I'm going to try and get some when we're over there next year. I can grab a few if you're interested.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

yeh if i doesnt sort it out in the mean time im keen

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

dash i won off ebay

Member ID
    CZCC-23866

So your the one who beat me with the same bid.

I wanted it for the badge, only bit I need for my sedan. If you wanna sell the badge, let me know, keen as a beaver near a wood plantation.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

after the datsun badge?

i also got another dash from japan with skyline badge

Member ID
    CZCC-23866

after the datsun badge?
    Yep.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

can post it to u if u want

Member ID
    CZCC-23866

can post it to u if u want
    That would be mad! I'll actually be up from Brisbane in Montville in August 10-12 so I could even drive somewhere on the Sunshine coast and pick it up?

Ben.

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

yeh just remind me later on in the week, i should be here this weekend

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

cleaned my hood lining

to this

parts cleaning

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

I decided i had to make start on some smaller stuff. Mirrors seemed the easiest to start with.
    These ones came with guards i got from japan and i have a few other sets on the way in a container, will restore them and keep as spares. As expected these where pretty rusty and plenty of wd40 was used haha.
    The mirros where painted with a spray can and it was falling off so i pulled them apart and put them through the sand blasting cabinet, still need to fix a few smalll dents but the mirrors and glass are pretty good condition.

Down side was the rod that holds them to the base was pretty much gone. I broke one in half and the other one broke on the eye. I had no other option apart from make new ones.

I also gave the front bar brackets a clean as well

will expoxy and paint them black when i do the mirrors this week hopefully

Member ID
    CZCC-18343

Some nice progress.

Hey so I was cleaning up on the weekend and found those tags you were after, the original Datsun tags. I have them spare from my old 240K that was scrapped. Only thing is the numbers wont match..

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

if i dont have any luck i will

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

my rusty brackets lol

started making lower rust sections for my gaurds. they arn't that bad but with that double panel behind it i'm worried about rust coming through over time.

Member ID
    CZCC-23866

my rusty brackets lol
    :O Jeez Louise.

Member ID
    CZCC-9623

also what i do all day, other peoples projects haha

Hmmmmm might get you to do the final spray job on the vert next year

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

haha probably the worst rust on the car is them brackets luckly.

would love to

Member ID
    CZCC-23813

decided to attack all the stainless trims.

just have to finish repairing bonnet and boot ones then they are all done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information