• Recent Threads Early Z

Stanley

MSD ignition - easy?

Thread Starter: Stanley

Planning MSD 6A (from amazon)with stock points distributor. Will also get a coil and Tach adapter. Anything else I need to go with it? Do I still need a ballast resistor?

Last Post By: Stanley 4 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    78sid

AC Wiring Help

Thread Starter: 78sid

I've been working on some AC and heater control and plumbing issues. I'm starting to re-attach some of the wiring, and I've hit a snag. I believe the control in the picture

Last Post By: 280~Master 8 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    kenmataya

disposable voltage regulators?

Thread Starter: kenmataya

i was driving my 70Z, and it started to sputter a bit at higher rpms, the tach was jumping around as it did. then i notice that the ammeter is pegged out at 45+ amps at

Last Post By: 280~Master 10 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    slammsun

My Project Z.

Thread Starter: slammsun

Hey wassup Z fans/owners. I recently bought a 76 280z wasn't really in the greatest condition but i love it. Its came a very LONG way and still a lot

Last Post By: slammsun 19 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    metalmonkey47

New owner of a very early 240Z

Thread Starter: metalmonkey47

Well guys, this is my first Z but not my first Datsun. I've had an '81 210, and a 75 620 with a build LZ22. I came across this 240Z from a customer at work, who I've been helping along for years, hoping

Last Post By: Galaxybj 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    timsz

License lamp question.

Thread Starter: timsz

Do the lamp bolts go through the hatch panel to hold it in place? The flat hatch panel that has the hatch latch. I put a new panel on. Will i have to

Last Post By: nix240z 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    CEgg11

resetting odometer - any better ideas than with a drill?

Thread Starter: CEgg11

Also, I am thinking of aftermarket gauges. Who makes the best fit?
    Brand new to the gauges ideas...

Last Post By: SteveJ 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    jalexquijano

RPM drops to 500 RPM when car is parked with engine on or during traffic lights!

Thread Starter: jalexquijano

After running my 240z for 20 to 30 minutes and then parking the car if i leave the engine on at idle the rpm tends to lower intermittently to 500 rpm. If i decide to turn the

Last Post By: Mark Maras 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    rossiz

No-Start: Fuel Injectors Not Firing 1978 280z

Thread Starter: rossiz

i've been having intermittent hard-starting, which has culminated in total non-starting.

the car has been my DD for a few months and i've replaced all the sensors, injector connectors, fuel lines and vacuum hoses.

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    superlen

HellFire Status & release date annouced

Thread Starter: superlen

The Zfuel thread was getting kinda long, so I thought I would start a fresh one along with the new update. The original thread is here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/f...964-zfuel.html

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    steve91tt

Differential breather leak

Thread Starter: steve91tt

I recently changed the gasket on my differential and ever since I have had a leak from the vent. I removed the vent, cleaned and replaced it with the arrow pointing

Last Post By: Kenuven 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    teletom

fuel injector problem?

Thread Starter: teletom

SO here is my problem, I had one black fouled plug in my 77' datsun 280z and it seemed as though i had a dead cylinder so i checked spark on all plugs and compression

Last Post By: Zed Head 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    lwha

Looking to Purchase a 77' 280z With a V8

Thread Starter: lwha

Posted this over on the hybridz.org site, but figured I'd try my luck here as well, apologies if this is against the rules, I'll remove this if it is:

First post but I figured I would get the best help here. I have stumbled upon a 1977 280z running on a Chevy 350. I messeged back and forth with the owner and we are setting

Last Post By: mjr45 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    9teen7t240z

Affordable Chrome Plating for plastic and metal parts

Thread Starter: 9teen7t240z

Hi, All,

As promised on my previous thread from October, I am planning to do another group buy for the members of the CZCC for chrome plating of both plastic and metal Z car

Last Post By: EhlersRS 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Da Flash

Keep blowing the "IGN" fuse!!!

Thread Starter: Da Flash

I've been trying to track down the source of my "IGN" fuse blowing within seconds of turning the key to "ON". From my probing around with a multimeter, I've discovered that the green wire side of the

Last Post By: Da Flash 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Mikes Z car

Weld shut or bondo very small holes in body?

Thread Starter: Mikes Z car

When I removed the aftermarket mirrors the PO installed on my car three holes were left on each side of the car when I put a stock mirror back on the drivers side. Two workers at a local paint and

Last Post By: ZCurves 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
    rossiz

1978 280z No Power to the Starter

Thread Starter: rossiz

Hey all,

Been lurking for a few months, slowly restoring my new-to-me 78 z and loving it, BUT...

I've hit a wall with an electrical problem concerning the starting system. Some background:

I replaced the fusible links with maxi-fuse

Last Post By: no.never 10 Hours Ago Go to last post
    240znz

S30 fastener cataloging

Thread Starter: 240znz

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've visited this site and I must say I have waned in my resto project. However, I have been digging around in the garage and with renewed vigor, are now slowly getting

Last Post By: Blue 12 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Travel'n Man

Whats that Smell? Exhaust Fumes

Thread Starter: Travel'n Man

Even my wife noticed that my clothes did not smell like exhaust after driving now.

Over the winter I removed my vapor tank and gas tank to POR15 them – It’s one of those “while I am at it” things, so I might as well tackle the vapor hoses.
    Be sure to follow this thread as well

Last Post By: Travel'n Man 17 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Reverend

Major screw up

Thread Starter: Reverend

I did a trade with a dude from CA... He sent me set of triple webbers and manifold. Only downside is that THIS IS NOT MATCHING TRIPLET

Is it anyway possible to

Last Post By: Reverend 22 Hours Ago Go to last post
    er34gtt2000jp

Update on my 71'

Thread Starter: er34gtt2000jp

It's been a while since I posted an update so I thought I would through up a few new pics and some somber news. We'll start with the good stuff, after reconstructing the front end and putting her all back together I had been slowly fixing things and making her look prettier.

Here's how she looked when I put her back on the road after over a decade of slumber.

Last Post By: er34gtt2000jp 22 Hours Ago Go to last post

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87