• Recent Threads Early Z

jalexquijano

Will there be reheating problems if installing an AC System to a modified 240z?

Thread Starter: jalexquijano

My 240z has the following upgrades:

New Datsun L24 motor with crank and rods from a L26, special oversized 84mm flat top black coated pistons from D.L. Potter Engineering with E88 Head and Far 311 New Race Cam

Last Post By: Kurbycar32 14 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    mckennar

1972 240z Stalling after a few minutes of driving.

Thread Starter: mckennar

Howdy all,

First off wanted to say I've been researching vapor lock and I'm not 100% that's my issue.

1. Car starts fine, idles fine if not a bit lumpy.
    2. After the car warms to operating temp, head on out for a drive. Idle: 600-800rpm when warm after first start of the day.
    3. After 5 - 10

Last Post By: SheWantsTheZ 15 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    frenaud

Grease Moog tie-rod end?

Thread Starter: frenaud

Do I need to grease this new Moog tie-rod end (see attached pic)?

There already is some grease in the hole, but there's no zerk fitting and the hole

Last Post By: frenaud 44 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    TheCrazySwede

Building a L28 (NA)

Thread Starter: TheCrazySwede

Dear Forums,

I've been a long time lurker of these forums and of the community, but just recently, I've decided it was time I popped my Z cherry and got involved. I own a '77 280z (Motor has EFI; Transmission has 4 Gears)

I'm currently working on another L28 that I picked up (Carbed, N42 Head)) along with a 5-Speed, but due to my lack of knowledge regarding these motors (We are a family of Ford Mustang owners) I seek

Last Post By: TheCrazySwede 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    123ignitionusa

Fuel Injection on Z Cars are they compatible with 123Ignition

Thread Starter: 123ignitionusa

Can anyone inform me about the fuel injection systems on the 260 and 280 Z cars?
    Really only two questions.
    1) Do they act independently of the ignition system?
    2)or Do they

Last Post By: zKars 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    TomoHawk

Source for the Correct bodyside Moulding

Thread Starter: TomoHawk

Higuys,
    On my 1978 coupe,

I need to replace the front sections of the bodyside mouldings on my vehicle, and I would like to know if you can get new material that is the

Last Post By: TomoHawk 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    sl0w240

My 240z restoration

Thread Starter: sl0w240

First of all, I am very new to this forum haha. There has been a late-build 1969 240z in my family ever since my grandpa bought it brand new in 1969. It sat for 30 years, mostly outside in southern California. It only has 83,xxx miles on it!

Last Post By: sl0w240 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
    bhermes

Sorry to be Redundent - Help

Thread Starter: bhermes

I have posted a few times in the past about this issue and have read some other posts but I have gotten myself a little confused on where to go first.

I will do the best I can describing the problem/issue or opportunity.

Last Post By: bhermes 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
    mjr45

Garage Gremlin has struck again!

Thread Starter: mjr45

My garage gremlin has once again attacked my 75 280Z with 79ZX dizzy. Last week on start up it ran like crap, very rough, wouldn't idle and died. 2 hours

Last Post By: siteunseen 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
    HaZmatt

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

Thread Starter: HaZmatt

Hello, I wanted to post a build thread to document the process of my restoration. I have a 1975 280Z that I purchased off a local craigslist ad. Heres the ad.

Ive wanted one of these cars since I was in high school and was

Last Post By: Pop's Z 7 Hours Ago Go to last post
    dkassulke

Need 1976 280z tank fuel hose!

Thread Starter: dkassulke

Hi guys,

I'm thinking there are no OEM fuel hoses that fit from gas tank to fuel pump for purchases out there. So my ? is where is a good place to buy the fuel

Last Post By: dkassulke 7 Hours Ago Go to last post
    sscanf

Reattaching brake lines to master cylinder: Finger Blisters yet Still not done!

Thread Starter: sscanf

I brought this on myself when I posted earlier today (in the EFI forum) that I just ordered a new brake booster and that it looked like an easy job. The booster actually arrived today AND

Last Post By: zKars 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
    sscanf

1976 280Z Reliability Update

Thread Starter: sscanf

Hi All,

I have been missing from these parts for a little while. Too much going on but my 1976 280Z has been my daily driver until this week (brake booster see below). Not much to report except that it starts every time and has (generally) been running great.

Last Post By: FastWoman 10 Hours Ago Go to last post
    S30Driver

77 to 72 Rear Bumper Prep

Thread Starter: S30Driver

Finally getting around to my long put off conversion from the big 280 rear bumper to the 240. Did the front 240 bumper a long time ago.
    Driving around to burn up some gas, trying to only have a few gallons when I drain the tank

Last Post By: siteunseen 13 Hours Ago Go to last post
    aochider

Holley carb 280Z

Thread Starter: aochider

I have a few questions for my 1978 280Z with a Holley 4160 (390cfm, pn 8007, arizona z intake). I'm new to carburetors in general, so I would really appreciate any help or at least pointing me in the

Last Post By: aochider 20 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Blue_streak

76 280z Electrical Check List need advice on what to do next

Thread Starter: Blue_streak

First off, I would like to thank everyone in the previouse thread i made that helped greatly with diagnosing and for the most part fixing my EFI issue. The thread can be found http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/f...lacements.html

Now on to my new issues and questions. After i replaced my fuel injectors i tested plug 1 on the ecu connector and did not read battery voltage. All the circuits

Last Post By: Blue_streak 22 Hours Ago Go to last post
    rcb280z

I spy a Z

Thread Starter: rcb280z

What happened to the "I spy a Z" thread. I can't find it. Anyway, the wife and I were cruising down I-15 near Barstow California, on our way back home

Last Post By: rcb280z 22 Hours Ago Go to last post
    siteunseen

New owners of Zs, this helps.

Thread Starter: siteunseen

If you don't know about the brakes on your new classic Z and it has a wobble in the steering wheel around 30 mph then you should try this. I replaced the inner and outer front

Last Post By: slammy 22 Hours Ago Go to last post
    monirjw

280zx Turbo Center Caps

Thread Starter: monirjw

Dear guys

I am looking for a set of 280zx Turbo center caps that comes on the swastika wheels. if any of you has a set and want to sell it, or can guide on where

Last Post By: monirjw 23 Hours Ago Go to last post

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87