• Recent Threads Early Z

Virto

78 280Z - no injector pulse

Thread Starter: Virto

I'm starting this thread as a bit of a placeholder, moving this issue out of my old exhaust manifold/status thread since it's likely I'll need help.

The background is listed

Last Post By: Virto 1 Minute Ago Go to last post
    rossiz

Cam Chain Tensioner Mystery...

Thread Starter: rossiz

so after replacing the head and futzing endlessly with the timing chain, i finally got her running. went in to do a valve lash adjust after ~600 miles on the new cam and discovered my cam chain was quite slack. while rotating the cam by the bosses i felt it turn a few degrees as the slack

Last Post By: rossiz 37 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    frenaud

Oil in strut

Thread Starter: frenaud

I'm replacing my strut cartridges on my 280z with KYBs. It's recommended to add some oil in the strut housing after inserting the new cartridge. The trouble

Last Post By: John Coffey 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Oiluj

Yet Another Oil Pressure Post

Thread Starter: Oiluj

Last few days I've been driving my 72' 240, and noticed a couple strange events.

Observation #1)
    Normal oil pressure at speed, (2/3 to 3/4 on gage), but while sitting at a stop light, gage registers "zero" oil

Last Post By: John Coffey 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    azriel_strife

Cam suggestions for my build

Thread Starter: azriel_strife

Hi guys, I have a 72 240 with a 2.9 stroker. F54 flat top block and N42 head. Dual Z Therapy SU's with SM needles, nismo motorsport 6-2-1 header, 2.5 inch exhaust all the way, port matched intake and exhaust.

Last Post By: Diseazd 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Pomorza

Checking rear wheel bearings

Thread Starter: Pomorza

Hello all

I drove a tad over 250 miles today for the holiday and I'm hearing an odd noise from the rear. What is the best way to check the rear bearings on these lovely

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
    rossiz

2 1/2" shop built exhaust sounds great

Thread Starter: rossiz

there are dozens of exhaust posts out there, but i couldn't resist adding to the mix...

just finished rebuilding a good portion of my motor (n42 head, shaved intake, new injectors, etc. new cam chain/sprockets) and put on an msa 6-2-1 header. after reading up on other peoples experience i decided to have a local shop build a 2 1/2" system for me.

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Oiluj

Really? $185

Thread Starter: Oiluj

$185 for door welting w/o rubber seal?
    Datsun 510 240Z Door Welting Set New | eBay

I can buy the same thing, (or very close), from McMaster-Carr (Style

Last Post By: bartsscooterservice 11 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Captain Obvious

Parking Brake Handle Return Spring

Thread Starter: Captain Obvious

One of the things that's always bugged me was the lack of a return spring on the parking brake handle. The first couple clicks on my car were completely loose and floppy and the handle would rattle a little over bumps when driving

Last Post By: rossiz 12 Hours Ago Go to last post
    mossy

240z ignition problem

Thread Starter: mossy

Got a problem on my 240z ignition, if i hold the key to crank it, all it will do is continue cranking but if i release it, it will start.

Last Post By: mossy 14 Hours Ago Go to last post
    superlen

HellFire Status & release date annouced

Thread Starter: superlen

The Zfuel thread was getting kinda long, so I thought I would start a fresh one along with the new update. The original thread is here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/f...964-zfuel.html

Last Post By: mjr45 15 Hours Ago Go to last post
    mjr45

Garage Gremlin has struck again!

Thread Starter: mjr45

My garage gremlin has once again attacked my 75 280Z with 79ZX dizzy. Last week on start up it ran like crap, very rough, wouldn't idle and died. 2 hours

Last Post By: mjr45 15 Hours Ago Go to last post
    madkaw

excessive oil pressure

Thread Starter: madkaw

Guys I need help here figuring this out. I have been fighting an oil leak in the rear main seal area which I have posted here. I have done everything including a speed-sleeve on the crank where the rear seal rides.

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 15 Hours Ago Go to last post
    jrnyman3

interior bulb replacements

Thread Starter: jrnyman3

does anyone have a recommendation for the replacement of the interior dash, rear window defogger indicator bulb, manual choke indicator bulb etc as to

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 16 Hours Ago Go to last post
    BlackBirdPilot

Wiring Path for Electric Fuel Pump

Thread Starter: BlackBirdPilot

Working to get a car back on the road after a 20 year nap. Tank has been cleaned and reinstalled. Working to replace the electric fuel pump. However, power dose not seem to be making it back to the

Last Post By: rossiz 16 Hours Ago Go to last post
    TheCrazySwede

Building a L28 (NA)

Thread Starter: TheCrazySwede

Dear Forums,

I've been a long time lurker of these forums and of the community, but just recently, I've decided it was time I popped my Z cherry and got involved. I own a '77 280z (Motor has EFI; Transmission has 4 Gears)

I'm currently working on another L28 that I picked up (Carbed, N42 Head)) along with a 5-Speed, but due to my lack of knowledge regarding these motors (We are a family of Ford Mustang owners) I seek

Last Post By: Zedyone_kenobi 16 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Threehz

Where to buy Tokico Blues?

Thread Starter: Threehz

Hey fellas,

Does anyone know where to find Tokico HP/Blues other than MSA (and cheaper)? I scored the rears on Amazon for quite a bit cheaper than

Last Post By: rosaluma 18 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Hardway

DIY: How to Recover Your Z Seats - LOTS OF PICTURES

Thread Starter: Hardway

In response to questions and requests on how to recover Z car seats I thought I would put together a post outlining my experience when recovering the driver seat in my ’72 240z. The job took me around 8 hours from start to finish but I worked in 1 or 2 hour increments. Stretching and fitting the covers is the hardest part and will give your hands, arms, and shoulders a workout. This is a job that anyone can do and

Last Post By: Hardway 20 Hours Ago Go to last post

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87