• Recent Threads Early Z

oranngetang

Last Chance To Stop Me: Going Coilovers?

Thread Starter: oranngetang

Long story short. My fairly rust - free Series I is getting some cash thrown at it right now.

3.0L Rebello with zTherapy 4 screw round tops @ 10:1, 15x9-0 Shakotans, 225/50R15 Kuhio ASTs, front air dam, lots of electrical and weatherstrip/interior parts and.... suspension.

So my initial plan was to go with a narrower

Last Post By: oranngetang 13 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    Captain Obvious

Fuel Pump Check Valve Alternatives

Thread Starter: Captain Obvious

The original Bosch fuel pump check valve is NLA and I've been messing around with alternatives. The original check valve has a 10mm x 1.0 threaded inlet and a barbed outlet to accept an 8mm hose. Can't get it anymore... There are other Bosch check valves available with a 10mm x 1.0 threaded inlet, but the outlet styles are different. Not a

Last Post By: rossiz 58 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    HuD 91gt

Swaybar Paint advice

Thread Starter: HuD 91gt

Hello,

My Front sway bar end links and bushings arrived, and I thought I might as well try and sand the bar down (I don't have access to a sand blaster) and give

Last Post By: Mike W 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    rossiz

Strange whirring noise from engine...

Thread Starter: rossiz

monday afternoon i was fiddling with the AFM to lean out the mixture - my wife was driving behind me and said the car smelled very rich and was "making smoke" when i would accelerate. popped plugs - a little

Last Post By: rossiz 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    Reverend

Major screw up

Thread Starter: Reverend

I did a trade with a dude from CA... He sent me set of triple webbers and manifold. Only downside is that THIS IS NOT MATCHING TRIPLET

Is it anyway possible to

Last Post By: z boy mn 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    olderthanme

Custom aluminum dashboard group buy for all first-gen Zs

Thread Starter: olderthanme

I have fabricated a few dashboards and am trying to see if anyone is interested. Here is the dashboard going into my Z. I just covered it with felt for now. The dash will come in a left and a right half.
    Perfect for the racer or someone looking for something different

Last Post By: SteveJ 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Healeyalt

Manual 5 Speed Trany ID

Thread Starter: Healeyalt

A couple of years ago I purchased a california 76 2+2 with a 5 speed trany. From what I've read, the 76 never came with a 5 speed so a previuos owner must have put one in from either a 240Z or

Last Post By: siteunseen 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    jalexquijano

Where to purchase complete Door Locks set with keys (2 doors and hatch)

Thread Starter: jalexquijano

My 1972 240z needs urgent replacement of the 2 door locks with keys. The already bought the ignition switch which is really worn. Where can i purchase a set that

Last Post By: 78zcar_blue 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
    jmorrison146

Nose High '72

Thread Starter: jmorrison146

The front of my 1972 240Z rides noticeably higher (3" or so) than the rear. New KYB struts are going on but shouldn't affect the ride height. Does anyone

Last Post By: jfa.series1 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Arne

240Z fuel pumps - How many different OEMs?

Thread Starter: Arne

Anyone have any idea how many different suppliers made 240Z mechanical fuel pumps? I ask as I have been preparing to rebuild or possibly replace my original pump,

Last Post By: Kerrigan 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
    sdaughtry

901 Silver Metallic - How to Match this Color?

Thread Starter: sdaughtry

I searched the forum and learned two things:

1. The interior metal components (e.g. tool lid cover) with the factory silver is NOT the same as what was originally sprayed on my '73 exterior (which

Last Post By: Kerrigan 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
    scotts pearl

Fusible link

Thread Starter: scotts pearl

I orderd a fusible link for my ignition. The original color is red the one i recieved is light brown. Is this the same as the red or am i going color blind in my old age?

Last Post By: scotts pearl 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
    12doplumbing

Anyone ever remove brake warning light switch?

Thread Starter: 12doplumbing

My son and I want to clean up / simplify the engine compartment and entire dash on his '72 complete resto. We want to keep the rear drum system and e-brake,

Last Post By: FastWoman 7 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Alfadog

Starter troubles

Thread Starter: Alfadog

My Z has got some starter woes - basically most of the time it will click and seem to only crank for half a second. If you turn the key off and keep trying, after

Last Post By: Alfadog 11 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Kurbycar32

Just ordered my Rebello 3.0, now what

Thread Starter: Kurbycar32

I placed the order for a Rebello 3.0 so at some point a mostly complete motor will be brought home to swap into my running car. I have done motor swaps on other vehicles but

Last Post By: 73str86 11 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Wwildman

Electrical gremlins

Thread Starter: Wwildman

Well my car has sat for 14 years and it runs great I cleaned all of the electrical connectors then applied dielectric grease. the car started randomly

Last Post By: Wwildman 11 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Glliw

Hanging RPM

Thread Starter: Glliw

So, I have a problem that has been plaguing me and have done a fair amount of googling and searching on here and other Z sites and haven't found the bucket to stick my problem into to troubleshoot.

Please see the video below.

Here is a description

Last Post By: bartsscooterservice 14 Hours Ago Go to last post
    djhedges

Z Noise

Thread Starter: djhedges

Latest video I've taken of the engine running.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iFECWDVozE

Background
    ITS 260z car so yes it has to keep the flat top carbs.
    Car was dynoed tuned last year

Last Post By: djhedges 16 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Zed Head

Hot-start issue with EFI - who has it, who doesn't

Thread Starter: Zed Head

Many people have reported having the typical 280Z EFI hot-start problem, where after ~10-20 minutes after shut-down (hot engine), the engine starts but runs very rough for what seems

Last Post By: Zed Head 17 Hours Ago Go to last post
    teletom

fuel injector problem?

Thread Starter: teletom

SO here is my problem, I had one black fouled plug in my 77' datsun 280z and it seemed as though i had a dead cylinder so i checked spark on all plugs and compression

Last Post By: FastWoman 17 Hours Ago Go to last post
    BD240Z

Dash Repair Process/Pictures

Thread Starter: BD240Z

The dashboard in my car had some serious cracks along the top but I couldn't pull the trigger to send it off for rework because of the cost. I wanted to try to repair it somehow

Last Post By: 12doplumbing 18 Hours Ago Go to last post
    timsz

71 windshield washer nozzle

Thread Starter: timsz

Could someone tell me or have a pic where the squirter nozzle on the passenger side attaches to the firewall. I'd be kinda hard to explain it i guess.

Last Post By: timsz 19 Hours Ago Go to last post
    rcb280z

Head gasket leak

Thread Starter: rcb280z

So my 77 has a head gasket leak on both sides of the head. Been leaking for several years. Not bad, just kinda seeping until recently. Seems to be leaking a little more now,

Last Post By: rcb280z 19 Hours Ago Go to last post
    kjphilippona

Wipers wont work

Thread Starter: kjphilippona

I have a very strange problem, my wipers do not work with the engine running but work with the engine turned off ??

Last Post By: kjphilippona 22 Hours Ago Go to last post

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87