∑ ∑ ∑
    Member Galleries
    35217 photos
    15922 comments
  • Top 10 This Week

JDMjunkies.ch

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

Thread Starter: JDMjunkies.ch

Well hello everybody. i'd like to introduce myself. I'm Nils, coming from switzerland and about two year ago i started work on a S30Z i bought. I now have a few restored parts, a lot of repair-parts lying around but the chassis was in bad condition because of earlier bad repair attempts by previous...

Last Post By: JDMjunkies.ch 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    Arne

[2014] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Thread Starter: Arne

Rather than let these threads go on forever as they do in some other forums, I thought I'd start new ones for separate generations for the New Year. Use these threads for short, Twitter-like posts, things that may not be worth their own thread. Since only the S30 threads got any use over the...

Last Post By: SteveJ 2 Days Ago Go to last post
    Marty Rogan

Pay it forward!!!

Thread Starter: Marty Rogan

We need a PAY IT FORWARD thread. With tough economic times and the Holidays fast approaching, a lot of people could use a break or a hand out. How does it work? Really simple...Clean out your garage with a part that you thought about selling, but considering its relative worth it's just better...

Last Post By: HuD 91gt 4 Days Ago Go to last post
    Zedyone_kenobi

Starting a new project...Subaru STI Differential swap into my Z

Thread Starter: Zedyone_kenobi

I have replaced everything in the drivetrain except the Diff in my Z. I am going to do this in stages. First I am going to buy an R180 STI LSD differential. Already bidding on one on Ebay. Next up is the Wolf Creek output shafts so I can bolt up my half half shafts Finally after I save up a...

Last Post By: malibud 20 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Kurbycar32

Just ordered my Rebello 3.0, now what

Thread Starter: Kurbycar32

I placed the order for a Rebello 3.0 so at some point a mostly complete motor will be brought home to swap into my running car. I have done motor swaps on other vehicles but I am not a professional mechanic, what could I be forgetting? Heres my current list in no particular order: Have...

Last Post By: oranngetang 2 Days Ago Go to last post
    northernz

Off to ontario!

Thread Starter: northernz

Hey all, I am starting a thread to document the restoration of my blue on blue '71. I have driven the car for 4 years now, and have finally accepted that I lack the time and heated space and, let's face it, the skill and determination to do the work myself! I have always admired the work done by...

Last Post By: Hank240 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    grnsky

71' Refresher project starts

Thread Starter: grnsky

Thought I would start a thread in lieu of finally getting my 71 running this weekend!!!! The car had been in a 5 year hiatus before I bought it, and due to other projects has sat for another 2 years while in my possession. But on this memorial day weekend I was determined to get as much done...

Last Post By: grnsky 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    SteveJ

Sold on LEDs

Thread Starter: SteveJ

I took the plunge and purchased LEDs to replace the exterior lights, except for the plate lights. So far I replaced all but the lights under the bumper. I'll probably get to those this weekend. I did check the current flow with the LEDs, and it is now 2.6A. I didn't measure the current before the...

Last Post By: EuroDat 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Hardway

Hardway's 1971 240z #8011 - Build and Repair Thread

Thread Starter: Hardway

As described in my previous post I am now the proud owner of 1971 240z Series-1 #8011. The post can be seen here -> http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-s30-z-discussions/52517-its-mine-new-owner-1971-240z-8011-a.html This is the most complete 240z I have owned and has been the recipient of a...

Last Post By: Patcon 20 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Nite_Grind

Reviving an L26 - My 1st Engine Rebuild Ever.

Thread Starter: Nite_Grind

Hey Guys my names Joel. I've been on the forum for a few months, browsing and reading a lot. Skimming topics. I've barely scratched the surface on what I wish to learn and things I need to learn, but all in all, tons of good info. around here. Cool stuff in the archive I can't wait to apply to my...

Last Post By: Nite_Grind 5 Days Ago Go to last post
  • Recent Activity

1975NC280z

Dash lights cause fuse to blow.

Thread Starter: 1975NC280z

Good evening all, I've searched through the forum, but can't find a similar issue to mine, so here it goes. I've got a 1975 280z, and I'm trying to hunt down an issue that's keeping me from having dash lights. I can turn the headlights on, including the brights, but as soon as I turn the dial...

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 17 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    jeremy93ls

voltmeter jumps to 16 with RPMs, CHG light flashes

Thread Starter: jeremy93ls

I took my car out yesterday for a short drive and the first thing I noticed was the BRAKE light inside the speedometer on. I fiddled with the e-brake switch to no avail and checked to make sure the fluids were OK. I stopped at a store a few miles down the road when I got back in and started it, the...

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 20 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    Burl

Interpart louver key

Thread Starter: Burl

Looking for a way to turn these louver locks.

Last Post By: bpilati 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    jaywis

Low Vin 240z, is this a good thing?

Thread Starter: jaywis

Hi, today I bought another 240z as the one I have was really too far rusted to repair. So now I am fixing up this 1970 240z and I will use my other z for any parts I may need. Now the interesting part is my Vin number is 000566, is this a good thing? does it make the car more collectable? i plan to...

Last Post By: bpilati 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    73str86

Old Timers: Tell Me About My Vintage Roll Bar

Thread Starter: 73str86

It looks like after owning my '73 240z for about three years, I still don't know everything about my Z. The PO bought the car used at a Datsun dealer in 1976. He didn't mention any performance upgrades when I was buying it, just that it was the longest relationship of his life. I discovered I...

Last Post By: 73str86 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Oc240z

Help identify my car

Thread Starter: Oc240z

I'm new to the Datsun 240z scene I just rescued a 71 240z out of a Ridgecrest junk yard The car is complete and almost perfect besides the half asked paint job and rocker rust. The car was originally red then blue and now silver. From the looks of it, it was worked on in 2007 ish from...

Last Post By: 73str86 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    2sixTZombii

Clutch issues/advice, 260z

Thread Starter: 2sixTZombii

I noticed that my clutch was starting to slip awhile back and it's been getting worse, well tonight on my way to work as I was merging onto the interstate, I shift into third at about 4k and it stayed right at 4k, then bounced up to about 4700, the car barely accelerating, let off the gas and the...

Last Post By: 2sixTZombii 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    73str86

How Would You Hand This '73 240z Over To It's Next Enthusiast?

Thread Starter: 73str86

Basically, I found this 1973 240z through word of mouth. It was not listed for sale anywhere. The story is it was an older gentleman's old time hot rod. He had a heart attack. I bought it from the guy's sister. My only intention is to get it in the hands of a Z fan, and not cut up or in the scrap...

Last Post By: 73str86 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Blue

Chinese Junk rant

Thread Starter: Blue

Spent a full day chasing my tail helping a friend with his newly imported California series 1. Just when it is tuned and on its way home the "micro" fuel pump fails but still buzzes. Made in China crap. Previously it was working fine. Ended up limping back to my place and scavenging from a few...

Last Post By: bartsscooterservice 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Mike

300 brand new Mitsubishis were shipwrecked off Canada’s coast in 1972

Thread Starter: Mike

10-21-2014 01:37 AM On March 14, 1972 the Vanlene freighter was engulfed by fog and ran into the so-called Graveyard of the Pacific, a treacherous area off the west coast of Vancouver Island. On board were 300 Dodge Colts, built by Mitsubishi, bound … Continue reading → Click here to view...

Last Post By: Mike 4 Hours Ago Go to last post

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88