by er34gtt2000jp
    ∑ ∑ ∑
    71' @40Z
    108 photos
    3 comments
  • Zcar Parts
  • Recent Activity

jalexquijano

Where to purchase complete Door Locks set with keys (2 doors and hatch)

Thread Starter: jalexquijano

My 1972 240z needs urgent replacement of the 2 door locks with keys. The already bought the ignition switch which is really worn. Where can i purchase a set that includes the driver and passenger door together with the hatch lock with one key for all the locks? I have been looking on ebay but have...

Last Post By: FastWoman 6 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    scotts pearl

Fusible link

Thread Starter: scotts pearl

I orderd a fusible link for my ignition. The original color is red the one i recieved is light brown. Is this the same as the red or am i going color blind in my old age? The thickness in the light brown is much smaller than the red. Hoping someone can give me advice before i install..thanks...

Last Post By: scotts pearl 13 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    12doplumbing

Anyone ever remove brake warning light switch?

Thread Starter: 12doplumbing

My son and I want to clean up / simplify the engine compartment and entire dash on his '72 complete resto. We want to keep the rear drum system and e-brake, but get rid of the factory brake warning light system on the fire wall and the factory proportioning valve - install an Arizona Z...

Last Post By: FastWoman 17 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    hr369

brand new 240z dash under $1000

Thread Starter: hr369

any price under a grand is a steal. i can't imagine the prices for these have gone down. current bid only 735 bucks and only 3 hrs to go. perhaps they've become less valuable since we have been repairing them ourselves with foam and bondo. New Dashboard for Datsun 240Z 240 Z Dash | eBay

Last Post By: Mikes Z car 17 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    jmorrison146

Nose High '72

Thread Starter: jmorrison146

The front of my 1972 240Z rides noticeably higher (3" or so) than the rear. New KYB struts are going on but shouldn't affect the ride height. Does anyone have experience with cutting a coil off the front springs to level things out?

Last Post By: zKars 18 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    rossiz

Strange whirring noise from engine...

Thread Starter: rossiz

monday afternoon i was fiddling with the AFM to lean out the mixture - my wife was driving behind me and said the car smelled very rich and was "making smoke" when i would accelerate. popped plugs - a little dark, some oil on a couple of them, leaned out the AFM via the spring wheel/gear by 4...

Last Post By: rossiz 29 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    oranngetang

Last Chance To Stop Me: Going Coilovers?

Thread Starter: oranngetang

Long story short. My fairly rust - free Series I is getting some cash thrown at it right now. 3.0L Rebello with zTherapy 4 screw round tops @ 10:1, 15x9-0 Shakotans, 225/50R15 Kuhio ASTs, front air dam, lots of electrical and weatherstrip/interior parts and.... suspension. So my initial plan ...

Last Post By: Zed Head 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    Zed Head

Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8

Thread Starter: Zed Head

Who is doing what with the coming Windows XP support expiration? I've been in economy mode for a while, plus am not generally a "early adopter", so am still using Windows XP. I'm leaning toward just getting Windows 7 to keep running on my old computer. Has anyone switched to Windows 7...

Last Post By: Zed Head 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    Captain Obvious

Fuel Pump Check Valve Alternatives

Thread Starter: Captain Obvious

The original Bosch fuel pump check valve is NLA and I've been messing around with alternatives. The original check valve has a 10mm x 1.0 threaded inlet and a barbed outlet to accept an 8mm hose. Can't get it anymore... There are other Bosch check valves available with a 10mm x 1.0 threaded inlet,...

Last Post By: mjr45 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    Alfadog

Starter troubles

Thread Starter: Alfadog

My Z has got some starter woes - basically most of the time it will click and seem to only crank for half a second. If you turn the key off and keep trying, after a few tries it will crank over perfectly fine and start. Can anyone help with diagnosing this issue? From searching other threads it...

Last Post By: Alfadog 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
  • Top 10 This Week

bartsscooterservice

My Datsun 240Z

Thread Starter: bartsscooterservice

Hello, My name is Bart, and I've been on this forum before in the past, when I had a 73 240Z. That project never made it to much rust, and I sold it for parts. It's been quiet for a while,and personally I kept thinking of owning another 240Z in the future, but good ones are expensive here in The...

Last Post By: bartsscooterservice 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    Adzmax

1975 C110 (KHGC110 240K) Build

Thread Starter: Adzmax

Hi everyone, I thought I'd share the build of my C110 coupé. A bit of a back story, I purchased a white coupé back in 2008 sight unseen (just pictures on eBay). While the car looked OK the listing wasn't completely truthful and the car was really rough and full of rust.

Last Post By: uras1 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    240dkw

Progress on rust repairs

Thread Starter: 240dkw

Well it seems to be a few threads showing updates to members projects and as I did not want to be left out here are a few photos of my car. The first one is a before and after of the TC rail area. Before I sealed it up I ran a borescope up the rails and found the rail gone behind the support...

Last Post By: rcb280z 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    BD240Z

Dash Repair Process/Pictures

Thread Starter: BD240Z

The dashboard in my car had some serious cracks along the top but I couldn't pull the trigger to send it off for rework because of the cost. I wanted to try to repair it somehow though, I had to try something! Here's a few pictures of the cracks. Because of the limit on pictures in each...

Last Post By: 12doplumbing 12 Hours Ago Go to last post
    CG240Z

280Z Full Restore in 5 months, hopefully.

Thread Starter: CG240Z

Figured I'd share this 280 build for anyone interested. I had a 240 build thread going on awhile ago, but that project has currently gone on hiatus and the cars sitting in my enclosed trailer in the back yard. It's going to require more work than I can give it right now. I found a good price...

Last Post By: EuroDat 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    nix240z

240z fuel and brake line insulator sets and steering rack expansion reservoir

Thread Starter: nix240z

Each 240z fuel and brake line insulator was reproduced in a urethane plastic on a milling machine, which made for a very high quality master insulator. Each insulator is then cast in a two part high quality silicone mold. The insulators are cast in a urethane rubber with a shore hardness of...

Last Post By: nix240z 4 Days Ago Go to last post
    zhead240

the winter from hell

Thread Starter: zhead240

for those fellow members caught in this never ending winter remember to clear the snow around the exhaust area when warming up your vehicle.

Last Post By: mjr45 5 Days Ago Go to last post
    superlen

HellFire Status & release date annouced

Thread Starter: superlen

The Zfuel thread was getting kinda long, so I thought I would start a fresh one along with the new update. The original thread is here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/fuel-injection-s30/49964-zfuel.html Well, today the HellFire ECU ran my Z quite nicely using 100% stock components (including...

Last Post By: superlen 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    Zed Head

Hot-start issue with EFI - who has it, who doesn't

Thread Starter: Zed Head

Many people have reported having the typical 280Z EFI hot-start problem, where after ~10-20 minutes after shut-down (hot engine), the engine starts but runs very rough for what seems like 5 minutes but is actually about 30-40 seconds. Some people with EFI though, report that they don't have the...

Last Post By: Zed Head 10 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Reverend

Major screw up

Thread Starter: Reverend

I did a trade with a dude from CA... He sent me set of triple webbers and manifold. Only downside is that THIS IS NOT MATCHING TRIPLET :mad::mad: Is it anyway possible to run with this setup or should i just resell these as matching pair + one..?? :cry: All of them are 40mm. Edit:...

Last Post By: Reverend 6 Days Ago Go to last post

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87