71' @40Z
    108 photos
    3 comments
  • Zcar Parts
  • Recent Activity

rossiz

No-Start: Fuel Injectors Not Firing 1978 280z

Thread Starter: rossiz

i've been having intermittent hard-starting, which has culminated in total non-starting. the car has been my DD for a few months and i've replaced all the sensors, injector connectors, fuel lines and vacuum hoses. it either starts perfectly or starts after much cranking, then runs really well...

Last Post By: rossiz 23 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    Zed Head

Hot-start issue with EFI - who has it, who doesn't

Thread Starter: Zed Head

Many people have reported having the typical 280Z EFI hot-start problem, where after ~10-20 minutes after shut-down (hot engine), the engine starts but runs very rough for what seems like 5 minutes but is actually about 30-40 seconds. Some people with EFI though, report that they don't have the...

Last Post By: rossiz 49 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    HuD 91gt

Quick Carb Tuning Question

Thread Starter: HuD 91gt

After searching, every carb tuning guide tells you how there should be no vacuum leaks in the system (1971' 240z). it also states to do with this the air cleaner assembly disconnected. Now I may be missing some very large step here… But with the aircleaner assembly off, aren't all your vacuum...

Last Post By: Captain_Zeros 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    CEgg11

resetting odometer - any better ideas than with a drill?

Thread Starter: CEgg11

Also, I am thinking of aftermarket gauges. Who makes the best fit? Brand new to the gauges ideas...

Last Post By: TomoHawk 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    berkz350

need a good mechanic in lv

Thread Starter: berkz350

does anybody know of a good mechanic in las vegas i have a 1971 240z

Last Post By: rcb280z 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Mixelplix

Diagnosing Valve Train Noise

Thread Starter: Mixelplix

While slowly reconditioning my early 74 260z, I decided to do a valve lash adjustment. After I was done I was able to notice a significant valve train noise somewhere around cylinder 5 or 6. The noise is sharp and follows the RPM. It's the same hot or cold. With a stethoscope it appears to be...

Last Post By: Mixelplix 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Wwildman

Well here is my 78 280 Z build

Thread Starter: Wwildman

This is my build, I was originally working on it for a customer when his work van blew the engine. He traded me the car for installing the engine. Here is what I have accomplished so far and how I got the car. When it arrived The engine needed some tlc I replaced the Valve cover...

Last Post By: mjr45 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    zhead240

the winter from hell

Thread Starter: zhead240

for those fellow members caught in this never ending winter remember to clear the snow around the exhaust area when warming up your vehicle.

9teen7t240z

Affordable Chrome Plating for plastic and metal parts

Thread Starter: 9teen7t240z

Hi, All, As promised on my previous thread from October, I am planning to do another group buy for the members of the CZCC for chrome plating of both plastic and metal Z car parts. During the past few months, we've been able to overcome some logistics hurdles that will enable me to provide the...

Last Post By: 9teen7t240z 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Travel'n Man

ZDayZ 2014

Thread Starter: Travel'n Man

Anybody planning on coming to one of the best driving roads in the nation? I've been for several years in a row now and it is an annual event for me and my son. What a great way to get out and meet people in our Z community. Be sure to travel some on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The speed limit is...

Last Post By: Travel'n Man 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
  • Top 10 This Week

Arne

What's in YOUR garage?

Thread Starter: Arne

Well?

Last Post By: motorman7 13 Hours Ago Go to last post
    bartsscooterservice

My Datsun 240Z

Thread Starter: bartsscooterservice

Hello, My name is Bart, and I've been on this forum before in the past, when I had a 73 240Z. That project never made it to much rust, and I sold it for parts. It's been quiet for a while,and personally I kept thinking of owning another 240Z in the future, but good ones are expensive here in The...

Last Post By: Wwildman 11 Hours Ago Go to last post
    240dkw

Progress on rust repairs

Thread Starter: 240dkw

Well it seems to be a few threads showing updates to members projects and as I did not want to be left out here are a few photos of my car. The first one is a before and after of the TC rail area. Before I sealed it up I ran a borescope up the rails and found the rail gone behind the support...

Last Post By: Blue 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    BD240Z

Dash Repair Process/Pictures

Thread Starter: BD240Z

The dashboard in my car had some serious cracks along the top but I couldn't pull the trigger to send it off for rework because of the cost. I wanted to try to repair it somehow though, I had to try something! Here's a few pictures of the cracks. Because of the limit on pictures in each...

Last Post By: CEgg11 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    JRSGTS

Noobie here needs Fuel pump help!

Thread Starter: JRSGTS

Hi Folks, Love the site. Great info! Did a lot of searching so not to waste anyones time...but. No luck yet. My Name's JR. I am actually working on this 1976 280Z for a customer of mine. I own a shop that does mechanical resto work on classic cars here in upstate NY. I do love the Z cars and...

Last Post By: JRSGTS 17 Hours Ago Go to last post
    zhead240

the winter from hell

Thread Starter: zhead240

for those fellow members caught in this never ending winter remember to clear the snow around the exhaust area when warming up your vehicle.

Zed Head

Hot-start issue with EFI - who has it, who doesn't

Thread Starter: Zed Head

Many people have reported having the typical 280Z EFI hot-start problem, where after ~10-20 minutes after shut-down (hot engine), the engine starts but runs very rough for what seems like 5 minutes but is actually about 30-40 seconds. Some people with EFI though, report that they don't have the...

Last Post By: rossiz 49 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    superlen

HellFire Status & release date annouced

Thread Starter: superlen

The Zfuel thread was getting kinda long, so I thought I would start a fresh one along with the new update. The original thread is here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/fuel-injection-s30/49964-zfuel.html Well, today the HellFire ECU ran my Z quite nicely using 100% stock components (including...

Last Post By: TomoHawk 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    240k Style

KenMeri love, introducing my 1975 KHGC110 Hardtop :bandit:

Thread Starter: 240k Style

G'day all. Thought I'd post my coupe. Yes, I finally managed too find one. But I'll start from the start. Part 1: The Find I've been looking for a coupe for a long time. I've even bought one but that adventured turned south when the seller wasn't exactly honest. So no thanks. Anyway, I was...

Last Post By: c110coupe 5 Days Ago Go to last post
    Arne

Rating the factory 240Z fuel vent hoses

Thread Starter: Arne

As part of the slow refresh of my red '71 240Z I knew I needed to replace all the fuel hoses, especially the big ones that go to the expansion tank in the right rear quarter panel. I'd read all the instructions for saving money by using generic fuel-rated hose and inserting sleeves in them to keep...

Last Post By: Zup 4 Days Ago Go to last post

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87