∑ ∑ ∑
    Member Galleries
    35180 photos
    15928 comments
  • Top 10 This Week

bartsscooterservice

My Datsun 240Z

Thread Starter: bartsscooterservice

Hello, My name is Bart, and I've been on this forum before in the past, when I had a 73 240Z. That project never made it to much rust, and I sold it for parts. It's been quiet for a while,and personally I kept thinking of owning another 240Z in the future, but good ones are expensive here in The...

Last Post By: bartsscooterservice 4 Days Ago Go to last post
    Zedyone_kenobi

Tuning 40 DCOE Weber 151 on an L24

Thread Starter: Zedyone_kenobi

Installed my 40 DCOE webers on the L24: Engine specifications 2.4 liters original motor/head/cam. Pertronix ignition Pertronix 1.5 Ohm coil MSA 6-2-1 headers adjusted idle mixture screws 1/2 turn out Adjusted all idle speed screws (without actuator rods hooked up) until they were about...

Last Post By: Blue 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    madkaw

Triple Mikuni thread

Thread Starter: madkaw

Well some of you that I am now proceeding with my Mikuni install.When I purchased these carbs I got lucky and recieved a very complete kit. These look new right out of the box-infact the carbs came in a Mikuni box:) I even recieved an original 1985 catalog and service manual. I decided to post up...

Last Post By: madkaw 18 Hours Ago Go to last post
    HaZmatt

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

Thread Starter: HaZmatt

Hello, I wanted to post a build thread to document the process of my restoration. I have a 1975 280Z that I purchased off a local craigslist ad. Heres the ad. Ive wanted one of these cars since I was in high school and was looking for one that was in decent shape without too much rust and...

Last Post By: Pop's Z 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    bhermes

Sorry to be Redundent - Help

Thread Starter: bhermes

I have posted a few times in the past about this issue and have read some other posts but I have gotten myself a little confused on where to go first. I will do the best I can describing the problem/issue or opportunity. Remember I am not a mechanic but tyring to learn. I drove the car...

Last Post By: bhermes 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    Arne

[2014] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Thread Starter: Arne

Rather than let these threads go on forever as they do in some other forums, I thought I'd start new ones for separate generations for the New Year. Use these threads for short, Twitter-like posts, things that may not be worth their own thread. Since only the S30 threads got any use over the...

Last Post By: moelk 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    ksbeta

Hls30-24140

Thread Starter: ksbeta

So having a numbers-matching Series-1 car is great. Lightweight, there's a limited number of them, and it's plenty quick as it is. But then you all start chiming in about suspension modifications, transmission and differential swaps, motor modifications, and all order of wild sounding things...

Last Post By: ksbeta 15 Hours Ago Go to last post
    TheCrazySwede

Building a L28 (NA)

Thread Starter: TheCrazySwede

Dear Forums, I've been a long time lurker of these forums and of the community, but just recently, I've decided it was time I popped my Z cherry and got involved. I own a '77 280z (Motor has EFI; Transmission has 4 Gears) I'm currently working on another L28 that I picked up (Carbed, N42...

Last Post By: TheCrazySwede 1 Day Ago Go to last post
    240k Style

KenMeri love, introducing my 1975 KHGC110 Hardtop :bandit:

Thread Starter: 240k Style

G'day all. Thought I'd post my coupe. Yes, I finally managed too find one. But I'll start from the start. Part 1: The Find I've been looking for a coupe for a long time. I've even bought one but that adventured turned south when the seller wasn't exactly honest. So no thanks. Anyway, I was...

Last Post By: 240k Style 2 Days Ago Go to last post
    rossiz

Steam Powered Z???

Thread Starter: rossiz

actually i think i may have a blown head gasket. nice replaced a leaky radiator (it was toast) and when i got her all filled up i noticed billowing white plumes from the tail pipe. also got a geyser shooting out of the little vent hole in my coolant reservoir tank. smells like burning...

Last Post By: bpilati 6 Days Ago Go to last post
  • Recent Activity

an_unusual_eye

seeking an S30 2+2...

Thread Starter: an_unusual_eye

looking to possibly expand the fleet with an S30 2+2... muSt be a manual ttransmission and with very little rust. bonus if it's east of the mississippi... bigger bonus for an early 260z, but all '74-'78 cars would be considered. any leads appreciated. thanks ~ rob.

Last Post By: an_unusual_eye 11 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    HuD 91gt

1971 Rear Strut Replacement

Thread Starter: HuD 91gt

Hello all, I attempted the rear strut replacement this afternoon on my 1971 240z. After failing, and doing a search doing it the way the manual says to do it is a joke. Then there is the Atlantic Z way of doing it (Disconnect the opposite side of the transverse link), which I was going to...

Last Post By: HuD 91gt 21 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    John Coffey

Hls30-00502

Thread Starter: John Coffey

A short video of it coming out of the horse trailer it was stored in for a few years. https://vimeo.com/101361546

Last Post By: John Coffey 29 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    siteunseen

"it'll buff out" is what the ad said

Thread Starter: siteunseen

And sure enough it did, after a lot of washing and waxing. Meguairs #7 Show Car Glaze is great stuff. When I got it home, After beers and #7 yesterday,

Last Post By: Galaxybj 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    sscanf

Reattaching brake lines to master cylinder: Finger Blisters yet Still not done!

Thread Starter: sscanf

I brought this on myself when I posted earlier today (in the EFI forum) that I just ordered a new brake booster and that it looked like an easy job. The booster actually arrived today AND it was an easy job - well almost an easy job. At step N of the N step process I got to the point where I...

Last Post By: sscanf 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    73str86

Finally got one...now to make it mine: 1973 240z Refresh / Personalisation

Thread Starter: 73str86

Hello All, I got serious about buying a Z over the summer. I've been in love with them since I was about 8. I've been reading the forums for about six months and after test driving two found Layla three weeks ago. She's a two owner car, originally from VA but owned since 1976 from the guy I...

Last Post By: 73str86 4 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Mike

ART CORNER: Fujimi Touge Series Box Illustrations

Thread Starter: Mike

Japanese Nostalgic Car Has Just Posted the Following: 08-01-2014 12:43 AM Long after earning driverís licenses and pinkslips to our rides, some of us still find ourselves mired in plastic model cars. Perhaps it reflects the constraint suffered by many of us on budget, space, or sanity (of...

Last Post By: Mike 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Bruce Palmer

260 2+2 automatic FS

Thread Starter: Bruce Palmer

Talking with a customer earlier today about his 260 2+2 automatic he's finishing up. Don't have any clue what it's worth or who might be interested in such a critter but thought I'd help him out by getting it in front of you all as you are my favorite people. Craigslist Las Vegas if you want to...

Last Post By: psdenno 11 Hours Ago Go to last post
    frenaud

Upper spring seat bump stop

Thread Starter: frenaud

Ok, so I've got a poly bushing kit, including 4 bump stops. Here are what my current upper spring seats look like (I have 2 of each): The first one seems to have an integrated bump stop. Should I try to remove it (looks bound pretty solidly)? Also, when disassembling my suspension, I noticed...

Last Post By: er34gtt2000jp 11 Hours Ago Go to last post
    frenaud

Grease Moog tie-rod end?

Thread Starter: frenaud

Do I need to grease this new Moog tie-rod end (see attached pic)? There already is some grease in the hole, but there's no zerk fitting and the hole isn't threaded. Is it meant to be "no-maintenance"?

Last Post By: Captain Obvious 13 Hours Ago Go to last post

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87